What's new

Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

Just 1 40% today, I bought $1,000 (4 boxes of dimes) from the teller that sold me the box with the 33 silver dimes in it. Anybody ever find one of these? I knew it was going to be a forign coin because there was a dirty ring around the roll as the coin is just a tad bit larger than a US half. LOL - Would this be concidered "the peoples half"... ;D The edge doesn't have reeds like a US half, instead it has Russian writing all around it.
Anyone know what the coin is called so I can list it in GMan's thread?
Cool find though, I will keep it. :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2445.webp
    IMG_2445.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_2446.webp
    IMG_2446.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

No problem, I was not clear - with "black book" I was referring to "The Official Blackbook Price Guide to World Coins 2009, 12th Edition (Official Price Guide to World Coins)" $7.99 at Amazon... there are also separate ones for US coins, stamps, currency etc.
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

I actually babelfished that to figure out what it meant.

Uh, you don't think I'm that fluent in russian do you? I used babelfish to write it! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Todays silver & my First USSR coin - LOL

I showed a pix to one of the guys that I work with. He is Polish, just moved here from Poland like 5 years ago. He knows Russian and he said its celibrating the coming togeather of the union 175 years ago. Something along those lines if I remember correctly, sometimes its hard to understand him. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom