What's new

Todays take plus a question for you coin experts.

obsessedwithsilver

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
547
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Today's take plus a question for you coin experts.

I skunked on $300 of dimes (and I never skunk on dimes). $100 in hand rolled nickel yielded only one war nickel and a bunch of pre-1960's. $200 in quarters netted an AU 2001 (North Carolina) quarter that looks like a proof but is marked with a p. It also looks silver. It doesn't appear to be plated. Any ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

OWS
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's take plus a question for you coin experts.

Only "s" mints are proof and/or silver. The edge will be almost white if it is silver.
 
Re: Today's take plus a question for you coin experts.

Not a proof or silver.
 
Re: Today's take plus a question for you coin experts.

Plated or painted silver. You see these every now and then.
 
Re: Today's take plus a question for you coin experts.

I looked it up on line and there appear to be several plated of this variety. I guess I let my hopes get the best of me.

OWS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom