What's new

Todays Totals & A Great Story

ScoobaSteve

Full Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
Today's Totals & A Great Story

Hit about 8 banks hoping to get 2000 halves.

Ended up with 220 halves and $100 in dimes

Total:

87 Silver Halves
1 Silver Canadian Dime

Im in line at one of the banks while on the phone with my father. The teller said, "I've got three",
I said, "3 rolls? I'll take 'em."

The teller said, "No, I have 3 halves." I cringed and told her to forget it. In the mean time my father on the phone is telling me that Im nuts and that i should take the 3 halves. I turned around and purchased the 3 before leaving the counter. low and behold that 2 of them were silver. 1x '64 and 1x '67.

Even through I did get 4 plus rolls...The last transaction made my day!!

Will post pics soon.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Today's Totals & A Great Story

one of the golden rules of CRHing is never, NEVER turn down any halves. Even if you can see them in the tellers tray and they're not silver. Be as accommodating a customer as you can, in time they'll remember you and think of you when the 85 year old widow brings in her husbands collection.
 
Re: Today's Totals & A Great Story

Good finds! Waiting patiently for pictures :tongue3:
 
Re: Today's Totals & A Great Story

Can i use some of that money...... ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom