Chiilcothe, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II

Attachments

• DSC00054.JPG
    DSC00054.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 514
Upvote 0
Way to go, it looks like you're learning pretty fast.

Congrats on those finds, RE! Welcome to Tnet! :)

Nana :)

Welcome to the world of treasure hunting.
You've just skimed the surface.good luck with your first gold piece.
RD

I have had my XLT for about 7 months and you continue to learn and find more and more good stuff. Keep at it. Good coin finds!

lost at sea said:
Nothing wrong with that, it only gets better.
AMEN.....Welcome and HH!!

REH, welcome to TN! My learning curve was quite lengthy, you seem to be catching on pretty fast. Soon I expect to see you post your first 100 coin day...then your first silver day...then your first gold day; not necessarily in that order! ;D

I have a Prizm also.. a different model perhaps (IV) but still a White's is a good machine. Yeah, and it does do most of the work for you.. and me.. <grin> They are very user friendly machines, that's a fact! Not a bad haul for only 45 minutes in the park.. even for Ohio that's respectable <grinning> Had to get a little friendly dig in there.. being a Kentuckian and all.. <smile> Anyway, congrats! Oh.. and if you want to up your coin count and dollar amounts.. look for ball fields (baseball and or soccer) especially around concession stand areas. Go to where the bleachers or seating areas are, then look for the concession stands.. imagine a path between point A (seating) and point B (food and drink). There will be a suprising amount of change dropped between those two points. Think straight lines too.. go THROUGH the bushes and flower beds.. along the sidewalks and any retainer walls tall enough to sit on. You'll be amazed!
Oh, and when you get those nickle targets on your screen.. dig them! Not all of them are going to be pull tabs (even if most are). Some will be cans, pieces of cans, matchbox cars, rings!.. hell some of them will even be *gasp* NICKLES! <grin>
I've also found that your ( my ) target designator goes nuts and gets very indecisive when it detects a dime. It will jump back and forth between penny and quarter, and the depth will be jumping around too. <shrug> more often than not, especially in parks, it'll be a dime that's close to the surface if not ON the surface (above the grass roots).
Check in the tot lots.. wood chips are your friend! Think like a kiddy.. how far would you fly if you jumped out of the swing? which way would you tumble if you went down the slide or fell off the ring climber or monkey bars? Look around the picnic tables around the tot lots too.. parents loose money and stuff out of their pockets just sitting there watching their kids play. Around concrete pads where there are vending machines. Coins might be easily recovered by anyone dropping them on the concrete pad, but if they roll off into the grass.. well that my friend makes you a finder!
Happy Hunting guy.. and welcome to T-net.. come back and tell us about your future hunts.

Frodov

armed with a Prizm IV and bullseye.. I dig for fun, dig for money and dig for the little bit of bull and funny! <grin>

Good digs there :) , welcome to the forum , I was gonna jump
in and give ya a few tips but Fro already hit all my bases and knocked
a couple home runs to boot ;D Take his excellent advise and keep
us posted on your finds !

Doozis

Hi REH!

Welcome to the forum! The first detector I purchased was also a Prism (V). It is very easy to use and I have found quite a bit with the detector so far. At first, I was happy finding a few pennies. :) The quantity and quality of my find increased the more I used the detector including some nice jewelry. :o Happy hunting!

Tom

I love this hobby too, you can get off in your own little world !!! ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back