DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I found this Token the other day right by an area where I found another Token a short while ago. I've been hunting a burned down foundation by my dads house that I thought was only from the 30's-60's, but I found an Indian head penny the other day in the same area as well so the property must be older than I thought. The penny is too worn to read a date, but this token probably goes back that far. It says F. W. Corran on it with the % cents and two stars below it, with nothing on the back. I live in Tioga county NY and searched the name and found a few different results.

Attachments

• token_1.jpg
    token_1.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 134
  • token_2.jpg
    token_2.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 136

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Fred W. Corran was proprietor of the Genesee Hotel in Genesee, PA, right on the NY-PA line. The 9 Jan 1901 issue of the Hornell (NY) Evening Tribune newspaper says, "F. W. Corran, who is now the proprietor of the hotel at Genesee, Pa., has changed the name from Grand Central to Genesee House." He is shown as hotel proprietor in the 1910 Census and the 24 Aug 1910 issue of the Wellsboro (PA) Agitator newspaper carried his obituary. I'd imagine the token dates from when he first took over the hotel.

You have found a sweet spot! HH there.
John in the Great 208

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread