What's new

Tomahawk?

Marylanddetctr

Full Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2013
Messages
118
Reaction score
81
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2
Whites spectrum xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at an Indian site that's been occupied for 10,000 years. Could it be a later era tomahawk, highly magnetic iron. The points were also found at the site. [ ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449092614.355772.webpATTACH]1242337[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449092532.547982.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449092601.451676.webp
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449092171.204073.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449092171.204073.webp
    51.9 KB · Views: 219
Upvote 0
That's a great frame in the first pic! I could be completely wrong but it doesn't look like a tomahawk to me, since it's metal it could have been used for many other things maybe. I'm sure someone will come along and know exactly what it is.
 
That's a great frame in the first pic! I could be completely wrong but it doesn't look like a tomahawk to me, since it's metal it could have been used for many other things maybe. I'm sure someone will come along and know exactly what it is.

Thanks, the only reason I thought it might be a tomahawk is because my father has one that was traded from the 17th century that looks fairly similar to it.
 
Points are nice, last piece is just rock...
 
rusted piece of farming implement. nice frame
 
I disagree with the the rest, simply because I've dug up a lot of old iron...really old. That piece looks like it's old and I don't recognise it as an implement, plus it's obciously been used as a hammer...maybe that's what it is/was.
 
Thanks, the only reason I thought it might be a tomahawk is because my father has one that was traded from the 17th century that looks fairly similar to it.

Please show your fathers' trade piece that looks similar.because common trade axes don't look like what you posted, thanks! Always interested in learning something new.
 
Nice little collection of artifacts by the way! Thumbs Up.
 
Ok thAnk, I will post a pic of the tomahawk soon.
 
Nice points, the metal item I would have to say as the others have said either a piece of farming section plow or some other farm item . You can see where the end was made to slide into place in a groove . I've never seen a trade axe that was made to attach to something in the manner that was made, most were made with a socket method. The points and the metal item are not of the same time era or any where close to each other in time wise. It's a real cool find, thanks for posting.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom