What's new

Tombac Button. This is gonna be tough to ID

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, I was off early this morning in the freezing weather, but was determined to find something good today.Went to an old haunt ( Battle Field Area ) went to the beach at the bottom of the hill and recovered a few things nothing realk good to mention. 27 degrees with out the windchill so I wasn't able to stay very long. I did manage an old dress weight and a couple wheaties. 3 quarters and a couple nickels. I also SAVED this Tombac Button. Please help me ID this one. I took a few pics hoping this helps. Maybe clean it up a bit may help. At times it looks like it has a G on it off to the side,also may have the number 11 ( regiment ) ? also looks like it may have a reath around the outside. My eyes are not what they used to be. Please help. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • tomback button (6).webp
    tomback button (6).webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 312
  • tomback button (22).webp
    tomback button (22).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 378
  • tomback button (19).webp
    tomback button (19).webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 343
  • tomback button (17).webp
    tomback button (17).webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 332
  • tomback button (11).webp
    tomback button (11).webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 335
  • tomback button (8).webp
    tomback button (8).webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 349
  • tomback button (7).webp
    tomback button (7).webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 302
  • tomback button (22).webp
    tomback button (22).webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 329
  • tomback button (19).webp
    tomback button (19).webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 325
  • tomback button (17).webp
    tomback button (17).webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 352
  • tomback button (11).webp
    tomback button (11).webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 331
  • tomback button (8).webp
    tomback button (8).webp
    51.2 KB · Views: 328
  • tomback button (7).webp
    tomback button (7).webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 294
  • tomback button (6).webp
    tomback button (6).webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 335
Upvote 0
Are you sure it's a button? That swirl kinda makes it look like a three cent piece

HH
-GC
 
Whydah, that is a very interesting find.

I wish I could help you with ID'ing it.

Can't wait to see further details if you decide to clean it.

Does it have any indication on the back that would verify it is a button?

Lorraine
 
Lorrain. said:
Whydah, that is a very interesting find.

I wish I could help you with ID'ing it.

Can't wait to see further details if you decide to clean it.

Does it have any indication on the back that would verify it is a button?

Lorraine
UPDATE It is a flat button NOT a tombac , Its an Artillery button 3rd REG I am posting a picture of another one that is just like it for reference. On my button you can make out the Cannon on the right side the letter G from REG and the eagles LFT wing Thanks for looking.I will post the VIDEO of the find tomorrow sometime.
 

Attachments

  • 3rd reg button.webp
    3rd reg button.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 891
  • 3rd reg button.webp
    3rd reg button.webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 865
goldencoin said:
Are you sure it's a button? That swirl kinda makes it look like a three cent piece

HH
-GC
Definately a button...... Not a Tombac........ Its a flat 3rd REG Artillery
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom