What's new

Tombacs? Dropped yesterday?

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got these earlier this year, and was wondering of the age. The area I work gives up some quality condition pieces so I was wondering if this is old or modern?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5163.webp
    IMG_5163.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_5165.webp
    IMG_5165.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_5164.webp
    IMG_5164.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 206
Definitely old. (Tombac holds up much better than other metals)
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Definitely old. (Tombac holds up much better than other metals)
What time frame are we talking when we say old?
 
Upvote 0
mile-ender said:
Iron Patch said:
Definitely old. (Tombac holds up much better than other metals)
What time frame are we talking when we say old?


Late 17s, early 18s. I was looking at your anchor buttons..... you need to find some marked ones where you got those tombacs. :thumbsup: (or that age anyway)
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
mile-ender said:
Iron Patch said:
Definitely old. (Tombac holds up much better than other metals)
What time frame are we talking when we say old?


Late 17s, early 18s. I was looking at your anchor buttons..... you need to find some marked ones where you got those tombacs. :thumbsup: (or that age anyway)
Sweet! I've got some other I need help w/. - I'll start another thread. Thanks
 
Upvote 0
mile-ender said:
Iron Patch said:
mile-ender said:
Iron Patch said:
Definitely old. (Tombac holds up much better than other metals)
What time frame are we talking when we say old?


Late 17s, early 18s. I was looking at your anchor buttons..... you need to find some marked ones where you got those tombacs. :thumbsup: (or that age anyway)
Sweet! I've got some other I need help w/. - I'll start another thread. Thanks

agreed, if you put them at about 1790 can't go far wrong either way
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom