Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GMD52, so sorry about your brother-in-law. I'll hoist the cup to his memory tonight. Afraid it'll only be water; but the thoughts are still there.

Gee, guys, me and Oregon Viking, plus several others, are quite a ways from middle Tenn. Well, never know what might be in the future. I could possibly be in better health! (Fat chance!) Anyway if y'all do get together, hope you have the biggest crowd that can be handled by space and supplies, and have a great ol' time!

Hell buddy we'll just have Viking stop and pick ya up!!!! :thumbsup: I know it would be tough for a bunch of us around the country to get together but it sure would be fun... wouldn't it? :occasion14:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right Limitool! That would be one heck of a blast! It's 'mind boggling' to even think about it.
Yeah, Red, I guess I'm probably tougher than I imagine myself to be, or I wouldn't be here now! Something I've told most people I know: Growing up, I never thought I'd live to see 55 years old. Goes to show you how intuitive I am. lol

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're right Limitool! That would be one heck of a blast! It's 'mind boggling' to even think about it.
Yeah, Red, I guess I'm probably tougher than I imagine myself to be, or I wouldn't be here now! Something I've told most people I know: Growing up, I never thought I'd live to see 55 years old. Goes to show you how intuitive I am. lol

Well 777... I'm "only" 59 (next month) and with all the adventures I've done I'm surprised I'm still in one piece. I have NEVER (to date) had surgery and I'm probably just lucky thus far. But I have broken many bones. Leg, nose, jaw, ribs, ANKLE, fingers, sternum and repeated a couple. Most were self inflicted doing "stupid" things... but a few were defending my honor or somebody else's at the time.

Yes it would be "mind boggling" for all of us to get together grilling, shooting pool, little drinkin', camping and sharing thoughts and stories mostly... it would be fun.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Well 777... I'm "only" 59 (next month) and with all the adventures I've done I'm surprised I'm still in one piece. I have NEVER (to date) had surgery and I'm probably just lucky thus far. But I have broken many bones. Leg, nose, jaw, ribs, ANKLE, fingers, sternum and repeated a couple. Most were self inflicted doing "stupid" things... but a few were defending my honor or somebody else's at the time.

Yes it would be "mind boggling" for all of us to get together grilling, shooting pool, little drinkin', camping and sharing thoughts and stories mostly... it would be fun.

Yup i'm kind of like you limitool.the most major illness i had was pneumonia,no hospital for me,broke my arm and my leg when i was 9.broke my ankle after i lost my balance in a tree and jumped before i fell(that was a trip,again no hospital,took care of it myself.broke a finger here and there,took care of them myself.Only thing ive been to the hospital for was stitches evey once and a while and twice when I swelled up like a balloon from poison oak,couldnt see to good so i had no choice:laughing9:Never had an operation.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put my wife to bed, she finally let go of the grief of her brother passing......as one who almost passed to the other side this winter at the same time her brother was strickened, I'm glad to see the release and acception of the world as it really is.....I do feel a tad guilty though as it was my homemade mint and lemon vodka that did in her and her sister in law......I;ll post the recipe sometime, I may already have done so.....life is a cycle, and we keep revolving and evolving, and continue to survive.....I'm about to sit back, and enjoy a tall Vt. made maple rum......and in the morning the world and our lives will still be here and we will continue our everyday battles.....Goodnight my friends, and we will be back at you in the morning......Gary

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup i'm kind of like you limitool.the most major illness i had was pneumonia,no hospital for me,broke my arm and my leg when i was 9.broke my ankle after i lost my balance in a tree and jumped before i fell(that was a trip,again no hospital,took care of it myself.broke a finger here and there,took care of them myself.Only thing ive been to the hospital for was stitches evey once and a while and twice when I swelled up like a balloon from poison oak,couldnt see to good so i had no choice:laughing9:Never had an operation.

I've had hundreds of stitches, no operations and what you did above in bold is what's referred to as a "controlled jump". I did this ONCE in the dark, in a marsh one morning bow deer hunting. Got up into tree stand, leaned over and started to pull my bow up.... suddenly "that feeling" came that I was leaning to far forward. To late... dropped line and started to windmill at 15 ft. I did a "controlled jump" just hoping I missed some of the saplings I cut off below the month before. Missed everything, landed in soft muck and water and was fine... a little pissed... but fine.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was in a tree on a hill about the same height as you,the hill was about a 45 degree angle.i landed so one foot hit before my other did.I jumped from heights like that before but never on a hill.the foot that hit first is the one that broke,it took all my weight at an angle.Looked like i had a tennis ball under the skin thats over my right ankle bone.hurt like a you know what.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in a tree on a hill about the same height as you,the hill was about a 45 degree angle.i landed so one foot hit before my other did.I jumped from heights like that before but never on a hill.the foot that hit first is the one that broke,it took all my weight at an angle.Looked like i had a tennis ball under the skin thats over my right ankle bone.hurt like a you know what.
Ouch!!
I hit a car while racing on 82nd av in Portland, with my 1977 Suzuki GS 750. I was goin' about 70 MPH. it was turning left in the fast lane. No helmet, no shirt. knocked me out for a few minutes, lump on my shoulder...thats it!
Luck, pure luck.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should be "South bound and Down". In my case.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I hit a car while racing on 82nd av in Portland, with my 1977 Suzuki GS 750. I was goin' about 70 MPH. it was turning left in the fast lane. No helmet, no shirt. knocked me out for a few minutes, lump on my shoulder...thats it!
Luck, pure luck.

You lucked out there big time viking.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You lucked out there big time viking.
I did. I remember turning to the left upper left shoulder and left skull hit the hatchback. dented it too!
The people waiting for the bus said I flew about 15 feet in the air..about 4 rotations landed on my feet, and rolled a few times.That part I do not remember. Had to call my dad drive 350 miles to get me. Bikes forks were bent until the tire wedged in between the header pipes and hit the engine.
A few days later i was installing new/used forks with my arm in a sling!!
I was in Portland attending rock concerts & chasing an ex-girlfriend from my home town.
Dumb Ass!!!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dumb Ass!

A lucky dumba$$.A friend of mines boyfriend was racing a street bike with a dirt bike on a road with some nasty turns on it back in NH when i lived there.Yup there was an accident,they had to pick his teeth out of a telephone pole,he was a dead man before he hit the ground.Not good.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I am confused... The Bigger you are. The Harder You Fall..

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said.. "boyfriend". Its cool I am still with you GIRL.

Last edited:

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been drinking beer only for years now. I get something different every time, I don't care what brand it is. When I am on a budget I get 30 packs in cans of old time beers like PBR, Miller High Life or even Genesse Cream Ale for around 15 bucks or less. I even found 36 packs of Miller Lite in cans in PA and VA. I was at the Outer Banks last year and ask for a 30 pack and they told me a case of 24 is as big as they get there. I do love the taste of Coors products but always get a pounding headache the next day.

I tried Wine Coolers that was left over in my cooler from a friend after a camping trip. I have a cast iron stomach, but they tore me up fast. I got a bad case of Dia-Rhea fast, it was like Rick Boom Baby Savage, evertime I thought it went away, it flared back up.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Youtube" the end of Blackhalk down. Hoot's speech.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You said.. "boyfriend". Its cool I am still with you GIRL.

Dont mind me if I correct you Helix,I said a friend of mines boyfriend.You have been Coooorrected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread