Too Good to Refuse Update! More to Come??

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I stated in my earlier post I have been helping an elderly neighbor couple clean and pack their personal belongings in preparation to move to a new location . Since my post he found some nickels and pennies that are partial collection . It included about 15 nickels with a few being Buffalo Nickels and about 80 pennies Dating from 1909 to1968 . He refused to take anything for them .I am there if needed through the week .Some times just for an hour or so and other days maybe close to 4 hours .I am not accepting payment in cash as we are friends .Maybe we will locate more as we continue pack to up 55 plus years the couple have been together View attachment 010.jpg

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making out like a bandit awesome

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly in todays society it is no longer how many people see things .But sometimes doing the right thing just because it is the right to do pays off .I have known these people for about 30 years .They need some help to get ready to go to place that is more suitable to their health situation . I am able to do some things to keep the process moving forward .At times they offer me things and sometimes I buy items for a fair price

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Glass: I understand were you are coming from, I graded (about 1-2 yrs ago) a lot of MS+ Morgan's & Peace $ for a lady friend of ours, I did NOT want anything in return for doing the detailed service, but she insisted on my taking many of the JUNK SILVER COINS (10,25,50) for the favor. Coins were in such excellent shape I myself could not afford to buy them from her.

OP
OP
G

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dozer D I am not a coin collector at all .But I do have a few old items that I have kept over the years .The first time he mentioned buying the original items I ended up with I said I did not think I was interested .When he said I could have them at face value I said yes .I ain't the smartest guy in the world but I knew it was certainly worth the $18.60 When the other nickels and pennies turned up he said I could just have them . The face value for them was about $3.00 I am not helping them for money although he has offered it to me more than once .I told him I do not care to be his employee as I want to be able to help as I can or not show up if I have other things I need to do .I also do not have money that I can tie up in silver coins at this time no matter if it is a good investment or not Glad to hear you helped some one out and they returned the favor by offering you something you would otherwise not have purchased.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread