bigscoop
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2010
- Messages
- 14,653
- Reaction score
- 9,097
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Wherever there be treasure!
- Detector(s) used
- Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Did a 6 hour run today at New Smyrna Beach, took the Excal & WOT and hunted a lot of sand from the low tide to high tide waterlines. Ran the Excal with the sensitivity cranked way up and the disc set at 3, dug only those targets that offered repeat signals, no matter how faint. Dug a total of 47 targets and nearly all of them were around 10 inches deep. I think Irene added more sand instead of taking some away. 

Upvote
0

I called a source there that told me that people were allowed on the beach. But I was laid up with carpal tunnel surgery to my detecting hand. But back in 2004, following Hurricane Francis, i found a honey hole on New Symrna Beach that produced some of those pictured. Total amounted to 150 coins, all silver except for Buffalo nickles and one V nickle. I felt like Kip Wagner
must have felt when he discovered his silver deposit.







