What's new

took the long way home

jerseyben

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
5,216
Reaction score
2,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Decided to take the long way home after work and stopped by 6 banks. Got a few loose pieces of clad between the first 5 and then the last; my CU. Picked up a single Ike, 3 rolls of halves, and $70 in dimes. I get home and look at the end of the first half dollar roll and see a shiny 1996 half staring back at me. I think, great someone's dumps... I open the roll and see a dirty rim; a 40%. Second roll; another 40%. Third roll; 5 40% all in a row. Ended up with 7 40% halves out of only 3 rolls! So far out of half the dime rolls I opened I only got fooled by a 1968 Canadian Dime which stuck to a magnet so it got tossed back into the wild. Hoping for some silver in the rest of the dime rolls.
 
Upvote 0
:icon_thumleft: :thumbsup: :icon_thumright:




Lol. Always nice to add silver to the pile, especially with only a little to dump
 
I know some of you find massive amounts of Canadian clad coins. What do you guys do with all of them?
 
jerseyben said:
I know some of you find massive amounts of Canadian clad coins. What do you guys do with all of them?

I've been piling it up. I have over $600 worth. I placed an ad on some Canadian cities' Craigslist offering to sell it for $500 but no solid takers yet. One guy made an offer of $400us and he'll be in Jersey in a couple weeks, so that's an option.
I've also been buying stuff off eBay Canada by asking the seller if they'd accept the coin as payment. I tried to buy gold that way but haven't won any auctions.
I was pointed to a Canadian coin/jewelry store but they didn't want to deal with this much coin nor did they want to accept face value. They wanted to give me 85%. So not only did they want their price, but another 15% for paying in coin.
 
Nice scores!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom