Tool ID Help

jason4kstate

Jun 23, 2007
IMG_1062[1].JPG

I'm thinking this is some sort of tool but I could be wrong. I'm sure its not too terribly valuable but its been bugging me that I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be appreciated!

Kinda looks like a plumb bob. For finding the center of something. It would hang from the cealing. I think....

Plumb bob. Kellyco also has one they will sell you for $237 that will find gold :sign10:

or an old spinning top ? I have used a lot of plumb bobs and never had one that fat, but I am looking at an old wood spinning top right now.

or an old spinning top ? I have used a lot of plumb bobs and never had one that fat, but I am looking at an old wood spinning top right now.

I agree. It's a top. You can see the groove for the string to get it going.

It sure looks like a plumb bob to me my grand dad was a carpenter back in the 50's and it sure looks like one of the plumb's he used..

I agree. It's a top. You can see the groove for the string to get it going.

You are probably right. Easy way to find out. If there is a way to attach a sting in the top of it, plumb bob. If not, it's a top. I actually remember having an old top that you used a string to spin it when I was a kid. Damn I'm old...

The only plumb bob's I ever used were made of brass, the wooden ones had a string coming out of the center of the top from inside. My first thought was an old spinning top toy, myself.

Dont think its a plumbbob.

Actually looks like a log splitter...think they are called li'l Dynamites...or something thereabouts...

Dont think its a plumbbob.

Actually looks like a log splitter...think they are called li'l Dynamites...or something thereabouts...

That thing would not even survive one hit with a splitting maul. My money is on it being a toy top.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back