What's new

Tool or flake?

Joined
Sep 18, 2011
Messages
338
Reaction score
175
Golden Thread
0
Found in Illinois. Any characteristics of a certain era? Does it look utilized or worked?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    255.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    289.6 KB · Views: 113
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    233.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    253.6 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
I vote flake. It's so small- and those tiny flea bites along the edge could very well have been caused by being bumped around w/ other rocks. Or could be a view of what remains after knapping away a larger piece w/ sharpening marks. I have lots of flakes w/ tooling marks, but too small to be of any real use. Debutage. HH! Yakker
 
Is the end broken? I find some worked flakes but the long ones are usually broken in half.
 
From what I see it's a flake, you are looking hard, that's good:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom