What's new

Tooth/Claw from the deep blue sea???

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
This is one of my many finds from my week long vacation in the Bahamas but the only tooth/claw.(the rest will be posted eather tonight or tomorrow when I get them unpacked)
Can someone tell me what animal it is from???
It is about 1 1/4 inches long and about 1/2 an inch top to bottom on the top view where the hole is.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • tooth1.webp
    tooth1.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 806
  • tooth3.webp
    tooth3.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 749
  • tooth2.webp
    tooth2.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 783
  • tooth6.webp
    tooth6.webp
    35 KB · Views: 779
  • tooth5.webp
    tooth5.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 811
  • tooth4.webp
    tooth4.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 793
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
bigcypresshunter said:
The tooth is broken and hard to tell but I do not recall seeing the center hole (last pic) on any of my pig incisor tusks.
Yea give me a few and I know I've got some teeth that are worn like that!Not sure if I've got a incisor or not the tusk are considered canine.
I assumed the tusks were "incisors" because the top and bottom fit together like "scissors" LOL :D Shows how much I know about teeth lol.

I dont know the technical terms of pigs teeth, only what they look like. :)
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Broken knee said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I have removed many pigs teeth, and I dont think its pig. (Your pig skull is missing teeth. :D )
Bch, did you have a pig farm or work on one clipping baby pigs teeth. I'm just wondering, you say you removed many if so for what or are you a dentist for pigs :laughing7:
Broken Knee
Hello Broken Knee. I hope I was not being rude (by disagreeing) because I do not mean to be. Sometimes laughing icons are misunderstood and I was NOT laughing at you, only the missing teeth.

Being that I am a hunter, I have killed many wild pigs, about 50 or so in my lifetime. I also find many skulls in the Everglades. I sometimes save the skulls or remove the tusks. I also work at a hunting check station in the Big Cypress National Preserve where my job duties include weighing, measuring and inspecting hogs that were harvested.. My experience tells me it is not a pig tooth.


I believe kugar also has experience with animal parts and he backs me up on this.


If I were to guess, I would say its not horse either. I dont know what it is. Im leaning toward something that lives in the ocean.
Hello Bigcypresshunter, No offense taken. I to was just being funny in my response. It quite possibly could be a damaged dolphin tooth. My guess was based on my experience working for a butcher/ taxidermist while growing up. I hope none was taken either. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Another good site for all types of teeth. http://www.tellmewhereonearth.com/ and a reason I save mine that I find as they sell $$ . :laughing7: Now if I can just get what they ask for there's when I do I'll be sitting good! :wink: :thumbsup: I also save the ones I find cause of where they come from I know they are very old at least colonial times on my horse,pig,cow,and bison!As they are out in the middle of nowhere!And nothing like that has been there for as long.
Take Care All,
Pete! :hello:

Here is a freaky shot I ran across! ;D
The other is just a pig! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • pig-4-cleaned-480px[1].webp
    pig-4-cleaned-480px[1].webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 397
  • pig-5-boys-480px1[1].webp
    pig-5-boys-480px1[1].webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 382
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Broken knee said:
bigcypresshunter said:
I have removed many pigs teeth, and I dont think its pig. (Your pig skull is missing teeth. :D )
Bch, did you have a pig farm or work on one clipping baby pigs teeth. I'm just wondering, you say you removed many if so for what or are you a dentist for pigs :laughing7:
Broken Knee
Hello Broken Knee. I hope I was not being rude (by disagreeing) because I do not mean to be. Sometimes laughing icons are misunderstood and I was NOT laughing at you, only the missing teeth.

Being that I am a hunter, I have killed many wild pigs, about 50 or so in my lifetime. I also find many skulls in the Everglades. I sometimes save the skulls or remove the tusks. I also work at a hunting check station in the Big Cypress National Preserve where my job duties include weighing, measuring and inspecting hogs that were harvested.. My experience tells me it is not a pig tooth.


I believe kugar also has experience with animal parts and he backs me up on this.


If I were to guess, I would say its not horse either. I dont know what it is. Im leaning toward something that lives in the ocean.

[/quote
BCY,yes,I do agree,I do not think its swine.I dont know what it is though?
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • DSCN0956.webp
    DSCN0956.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 328
  • DSCN0957.webp
    DSCN0957.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCN0958.webp
    DSCN0958.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
timekiller said:
Hill Billy said:
(When horses fly) :laughing7: No I think that idea is good as well :thumbsup: I did have one similar but not as worn as his notice the grove in the back like his! With the size I see he says his is this would be best guess!Good ID Hill Billy! :thumbsup:
Its the closest match yet. It has the horizontal lines and the vertical groove. Did you find yours on the beach too?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
timekiller said:
Hill Billy said:
(When horses fly) :laughing7: No I think that idea is good as well :thumbsup: I did have one similar but not as worn as his notice the grove in the back like his! With the size I see he says his is this would be best guess!Good ID Hill Billy! :thumbsup:
Its the closest match yet. It has the horizontal lines and the vertical groove. Did you find yours on the beach too?
Yes Big C,all these I've found here at coloial sites or indian shell beds washing out in our rivers!Horse,Cow,Bison,Pig,etc.And gets added to each time out! :thumbsup: These shot's are a little old! :thumbsup:
Take Care! :hello:
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0602[1].webp
    DSCN0602[1].webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN0596[1].webp
    DSCN0596[1].webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN0603[1].webp
    DSCN0603[1].webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN0604[1].webp
    DSCN0604[1].webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCN0596[1].webp
    DSCN0596[1].webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCN0602[1].webp
    DSCN0602[1].webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCN0603[1].webp
    DSCN0603[1].webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN0604[1].webp
    DSCN0604[1].webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom