What's new

Tooth or claw?

stroll75

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 26, 2015
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a creek in Sherman TX, where I usually find shark teeth.
 

Attachments

  • B883A483-C09B-4515-B217-86D904019FFF.webp
    B883A483-C09B-4515-B217-86D904019FFF.webp
    215.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 08F884E7-9042-4C29-ADCE-918A2812CBFD.webp
    08F884E7-9042-4C29-ADCE-918A2812CBFD.webp
    48 KB · Views: 103
tooth, incisor, got that Pleistocene color but that's ignoring the factor of soil composition in texas
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a bear claw to me. I have several and was told this by others.:thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Welcome stroll, interesting find!

The teeth I've found that look like this are from a ground hog. Of course I expect that ancestors or members of the Marmot family were around a long time ago as well!

Best wishes and Happy Holidays!
 
Upvote 0
That's a fang lol
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy
 
Upvote 0
It's a CLOOTH!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I’d guess something rodentia (beaver, nutria, etc).
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom