Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find prasutagus :hello2:

Looks like you've got some good locations to hunt and have jumped right in posting great finds like the other Brits here on Tnet :icon_thumright:

I had to look up torc (bracelet/necklace). Sorry can't help with date other than what you already know: It's very old :wink:

Thanks for posting and keep them coming :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Copper-Alloy bracelet... could be late Roman..4thc, Exellent find :headbang: and I can see more coming from you :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• bronze-bracelet.jpg
    bronze-bracelet.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 875

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SS,
That would fit in just fine. Having seen it, I know its ancient but can't decided if its late Iron Age (Celtic)/Roman or maybe even Saxon :dontknow: I just don't have enough experience in this type of find, but I would hedge my bets at Roman because it was on the Villa Field & the majority of finds are Roman. But I just keep switching my mind to Celtic as we are getting plenty of pottery/2 Staters (plated & most recent, plus a archies dig found a Celtic Brooch etc..) :icon_scratch:

Very interesting site, nice to piece together its history with our honorary Cru'team member :icon_thumright:

Next year we are going to hit some very interesting sites, watch this space ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
SS,
That would fit in just fine. Having seen it, I know its ancient but can't decided if its late Iron Age (Celtic)/Roman or maybe even Saxon :dontknow: I just don't have enough experience in this type of find, but I would hedge my bets at Roman because it was on the Villa Field & the majority of finds are Roman. But I just keep switching my mind to Celtic as we are getting plenty of pottery/2 Staters (plated & most recent, plus a archies dig found a Celtic Brooch etc..) :icon_scratch:

Very interesting site, nice to piece together its history with our honorary Cru'team member :icon_thumright:

After all the great places I've taken you, and i'm not even a "member" let alone a "honorary one" :D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
SS,

After all the great places I've taken you, and i'm not even a "member" let alone a "honorary one" :D

:laughing7: you have to be 'yocal' :wink:

maybe we will have an extra-ordinary committee meeting to discuss the possible inclusion of another member :-*

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:
Nice find prasutagus :hello2:

Looks like you've got some good locations to hunt and have jumped right in posting great finds like the other Brits here on Tnet :icon_thumright:

I had to look up torc (bracelet/necklace). Sorry can't help with date other than what you already know: It's very old :wink:

Thanks for posting and keep them coming :thumbsup:
Thanks for your reply. This is a very welcoming and supportive site. I wil learn lots from everybody. Thanks again. Will let you know the approx date as soon as verified.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
SS,

maybe we will have an extra-ordinary committee meeting to discuss the possible inclusion of another member :-*

Well ok, but I want a title AND i'm more high up than Prostheticus :D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
SS,

of course you have an XP :headbang:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
SS,

of course you have an XP :headbang:

I can see somebody else getting one soon...for the hammered :wink:

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does something like that have to be turned in to the authorities over there?

What is the line that is drawn for what one can keep and what one has to surrender?

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious The George said:
Does something like that have to be turned in to the authorities over there?

What is the line that is drawn for what one can keep and what one has to surrender?
The way I understand this is that precious metals found together in close proximity, that is , not 'lost' but buried together counts for declaration, even if you find the second or third coin/artefact next year.
This torque does not qualify as although old, it is not a precious metal.
I have, however, with all finds like this , sent photos to our County Archies for opinion and to add to the database for the area, along with all our other finds from what we call 'Villa Field'
Hope this answers the query.
Thanks for your interest.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thought the line was gonna be marked out in the field :D

What metal is the torque?

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IronSpike said:

Ha Ha !! It's copper alloy. The larger gold ones price at about $500,000. !!!!!!!!
As rare as rocking horse s*it.

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
prasutagus said:
IronSpike said:

Ha Ha !! It's copper alloy. The larger gold ones price at about $500,000. !!!!!!!!
LOL Nice Dig!
Thanks 4-H ou live in a very beautiful part of the world.

OP
OP
landmagnet

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Copper-Alloy bracelet... could be late Roman..4thc, Exellent find :headbang: and I can see more coming from you :thumbsup:

SS
Thanks for your response. That's a good fit with the rest of the overall picture on this field. Difficult to find any resources/other similar finds for this artefact. Thanks. More? We shall have to see. Seem to have hit a bit of a hot spot with Villa Field. 40% covered so far.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
prasutagus said:
IronSpike said:

Like this :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SS

Attachments

• gold torque.jpg
    gold torque.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 577
  • Snettisham%20Torque.jpg
    Snettisham%20Torque.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 587

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
prasutagus said:
IronSpike said:

Like this :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

SS

I'm not sure what kinda dance I would do with one of those in my hands :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread