Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went detecting at a city park and decided to try the sandy area around
the swings. Usually i never find much at these sites but i thought i would give it a try.
Coin after coin were popping up all over the place. It,s not a very big area only two swings boxed in with sand. Maybe 16 x 12.
I found 47 quarters,7 Kennedy half dollars,5 $1.00 president coins,1 dime,1 sterling ring,1 cheep gold looking ring and a little padlock.
A total of $20.35.
An 8 year old boy and his grandfather were watching me and asking questions and having just as much fun as i was. Just unbelievable.

Attachments

• August 08,2008 001.JPG
    August 08,2008 001.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,023
  • August 08,2008 002.JPG
    August 08,2008 002.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,016
  • August 08,2008 003.JPG
    August 08,2008 003.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,014
  • August 08,2008 004.JPG
    August 08,2008 004.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,011
  • August 08,2008 005.JPG
    August 08,2008 005.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,005
Upvote 0
Looks like you stumbled across virgin territory..........way to go .. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: That's some Tot Lot. I feel lucky if I find just a few coins at the lots around here! HH

Desertfox

Wow that place rocked!!!! :thumbsup:

Wow, what a great day, it paid to go there for sure, congrats.

I hit a place last year right after the 4th of Juky where they must have had a mney scrabble for the kiddies and I think that's what you got here too. Very cool!

Smiles!
BDoo

looks like everything was a recent drop! Coins are still shiny like new!

Nice finds!

I did the same thing yesterday.

I had about 30 min. to kill and hit up a small park next to my project site.

One after the other and the coins seemed to never end. I pulled about 4 bucks out (all 1977+) but it was good to dig and I got to throw another ring under my belt.

Keep it going :wink:

Boobydoo said:
Wow, what a great day, it paid to go there for sure, congrats.

I hit a place last year right after the 4th of Juky where they must have had a mney scrabble for the kiddies and I think that's what you got here too. Very cool!

Smiles!
BDoo
You are probably right. My detecting friend mike says he was there a month or so ago and didn't find anything. I didn't find any pennies,nickels or even a pull tab. These coins were scattered all over the place. I better check this out next 4 th. of july.

Unbelievable is right.

Todays tot lot for me just yielded a 1967 dime and about a dozen mosquito bites.

Good job.

man, i wish i could find a tot lot that produced like that. i thought i was doing good by finding 3 or 4 quarters and a few dimes and pennies at the one around the corner from my house. you rock dude :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back