Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Sunday for a early morning hunt at one of the local school fields with my buddy.

This area used to house war veterans prior to 1955 and we had hit it before with the Minelabs with a few wheaties found here and there, but nothing to old.

I'm working the field as we are crossing it to the area where we decided to try and we had pulled the usual clad that is associated with most school grounds and I get this weird signal and I am most certain that the VDI did not register as a Quarter, but was still a solid signal worth digging. Flipped the plug over and seen the Eagle staring back at me and I gave Greg the "You're not gonna believe this" line.

I figured if we were going to get silver out of this field, we would get 1950's-1960's Silver, but nothing this old here.

It goes to show, that old silver is where you least expect it to be.

The Quarter is well worn, but she's a keeper

HH
DJH

Attachments

• Standing Liberty 9-12-2010 Obverse.jpg
    Standing Liberty 9-12-2010 Obverse.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Standing Liberty 9-12-2010 Reverse.jpg
    Standing Liberty 9-12-2010 Reverse.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 271

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find congrats.

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.

Nothing big, but was definitely surprised to find it where I did.

HH
DJH

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Now thats a coin I have not found yet! Congrats DJH, and yep, maybe I'll give ya a bump when I need those utilities located. Do you have a detector for that or just use your coin machine? Thanks. jgas

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
maybe I'll give ya a bump when I need those utilities located. Do you have a detector for that or just use your coin machine? Thanks. jgas
Nah, don't have a detector to locate utilities. Wish I did, as it would have came in handy for the last home project.
Was basically making a joke in referrence to you being so close to that gas line. I'd hate to be in that area when or if you nicked it. That thing would spew and hiss for sure.
DJH

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Yep, not sure if it was even "live" because I saw the house getting knocked down, so you would figure it was shut down as it goes to nowhere now. I could go all metal mode with zero discrimination and try to locate the ground wire that runs alongside them I suppose. Nothing like duct tape and Nipsco # to call...... :tongue3: jgas

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
Yep, not sure if it was even "live" because I saw the house getting knocked down, so you would figure it was shut down as it goes to nowhere now. I could go all metal mode with zero discrimination and try to locate the ground wire that runs alongside them I suppose. Nothing like duct tape and Nipsco # to call...... :tongue3: jgas
:laughing7: :laughing7:
Hitting one of those would save a whole lot of digging :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions