Totals $4,310

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So finally leaving for the trip I was saving for - total profit from xmas to now is $4,310 - about $700 short of the goal. Ebay / paypal fees killed me and i ate $160 on a watch I shipped through global shipping but the customer in Malta said it was not in the box.

So ebay profit was just over over $1900 and the rest came from gold and silver I sent to NTR for refining.

I’m not counting gas - which is probably $300. But I also have a bunch of diamonds from the scrap so I figure it’ll even out.

Overall i’m happy with the experience, though I kind of thought at some point I’d get a killer find that would put me up in totals. I didn’t. Almost everything was under $50 profit. And it wasn’t easy - lot of early mornings, pain in the neck customers, things that i thought would sell a lot higher and now a Garage sale worth of junk I couldn’t sell. But - i’ll be back at it as soon as I get home lol.

Happy hunting!

metal_detector.gif
Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience. Will you still sell to overseas buyers?

So finally leaving for the trip I was saving for - total profit from xmas to now is $4,310 - about $700 short of the goal. Ebay / paypal fees killed me and i ate $160 on a watch I shipped through global shipping but the customer in Malta said it was not in the box.

So ebay profit was just over over $1900 and the rest came from gold and silver I sent to NTR for refining.

I’m not counting gas - which is probably $300. But I also have a bunch of diamonds from the scrap so I figure it’ll even out.

Overall i’m happy with the experience, though I kind of thought at some point I’d get a killer find that would put me up in totals. I didn’t. Almost everything was under $50 profit. And it wasn’t easy - lot of early mornings, pain in the neck customers, things that i thought would sell a lot higher and now a Garage sale worth of junk I couldn’t sell. But - i’ll be back at it as soon as I get home lol.

Happy hunting!

We are nothing but battered wives to our abusive garage/estate sale husbands. It can make one a bit despondent at times but something always makes us go back.

In regard to your global shipping problem; I thought ebay assumed all responsibility once the item arrived at their facility. What to say that somebody there didn't tamper with your package. How could you possibly know since the item/package is no longer in your custody. That doesn't sound right at all.

metal_detector.gif
Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience. Will you still sell to overseas buyers?

Thanks. I don’t think I would send anything expensive again but half my buyers seem to be global shipping so I don’t really have a choice.

We are nothing but battered wives to our abusive garage/estate sale husbands. It can make one a bit despondent at times but something always makes us go back.

In regard to your global shipping problem; I thought ebay assumed all responsibility once the item arrived at their facility. What to say that somebody there didn't tamper with your package. How could you possibly know since the item/package is no longer in your custody. That doesn't sound right at all.

They said that because its “not as described” it was my responsibility. Yeah I assume somebody stole it — the stupid customs thing they generate said “14k Gold Ladies Ome” - so anyone who saw it knew it was gold at a minimum.

Congrats on the profits and the trip. Sorry about that watch! I had my buyer contact eBay Global Shipping and he was refunded from them over a broken item. I just sent a watch they Fedex to an overseas buyer (but US address) and it was $4995.00. I would have died had he claimed it was missing!

Happy hunting!

May be too late to reply, but I'll do it anyway.

GSP *IS* responsible. I had a pair of 14K earrings arrive damaged. The woman did an INAD dispute. I immediately called Ebay. They wrote to the GSP, who refunded the buyers money and released the funds for me. She got to keep the damaged earrings, and I pulled out of the GSP. I now ship directly, with loads of stuff going overseas. The only reason I pulled out was because they stole stuff from my package. Like the packing slip (with the free gift) and the jewelry box the earrings was in. Sent it in a ziploc bag ... no wonder they got dented!

When you get back, call Ebay, if you still can and get them to eat the money, not you. Once the GSP accepts your package, it is no longer your responsibility.

They said that because its “not as described” it was my responsibility. Yeah I assume somebody stole it — the stupid customs thing they generate said “14k Gold Ladies Ome” - so anyone who saw it knew it was gold at a minimum.
Did you call ebay? That's ridiculous. Was the package damaged, did you ask? The very first thing I would have done is filed a report with the US Postal Inspector. https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ Never take thievery lying down. I don't care if it was only $160.

I’ll def call ebay. I hope it’s not too late.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back