OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Metal scale, what levels do you find certain metals at?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have very little time to hunt 20 minutes here 30 minutes there and such. So I hunt maiinly tot lots so I use very low disc. high sens. I ve only hunted with the IV about 3 1/2 hrs since feb16 of this year so far 49 pennies 6 nickles 6 dimes 10 quarters and 3 pieces of Junk jewerly.
It a good little machine for the money.

OP
OP
newtector

newtector

Apr 19, 2014
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Ok but what level does the needle go to certain metals?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each of these Bounty Hunters will read differently. Best is to wave different coins in front of the coil, a nail pull tabs, white gold ring and a yellow one too and see where they read. This is why everyone upgrades. But it is a fair detector for the money. Good Luck.

DigDug1

Jan 16, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Teknetiics Eurotek Pro , Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a BH Tracker IV and I want to give you some sound advice. Forget your machine even has a needle. My Tracker IV will "peg" the needle on EVERY piece of metal under the coil, PERIOD. That needle is completely useless, hunt the tones. My favorite way to use it is to put the right hand toggle switch on "tone mode". If you are looking for mostly coins, I have another suggestion that will help you. Put your detector on tone mode on a non-metal table. Grab a standard nickel and wave it onder the coil. (be sure that you do not have any metal jewelry or buttons on your hand)Adjust your disc knob up until your metal detector gives you a solid low tone on the nickel. This will help discriminate out junk. Grab a dime, quarter, fifty cent piece, and listen to the tones that you get from each one. When you decide to actually go out and hunt with it, dig only the solid low, medium, and high tones. If you hear a broken tone, it generally is junk. If you are new to the hobby, try digging everything until you can tell what the detector is trying to tell you. it will take you a few months before you master what the detector is "saying" to you. The BH Tracker IV is a great detector to start out with. If you really love the hobby after using the BH and you want to upgrade, go buy a Teknetics Eurotek Pro. The ETP is around $220 and it is just as good or better than the way more expensive models. Happy Hunting with your BH!

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Tracker IV meter is a signal intensity meter not a discriminating indicator.
About all you can do with it is use it to help pinpointing.

skywalker827

Apr 17, 2014
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigDug has the right idea.... forget its there. . The only time the needle helped me was when my headphones stopped working and I just happen to notice the needle jumping! I was glad for it that day!

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Forget there is anything there to look at. Other than as skywalker stated it helps let you know its still working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread