What's new

Trade pipes.. postem if ya gotem

image-1402060378.webp

Pewter. 1700s I'm told. Found in Northern Michigan.
 
I saw that a while back in one of the other forums one Tnet.. only one I've ever seen.
 
DSCN2684.webpDSCN2687.webp



i like all photos of pipe here... i just joined this forum because im finding pipes under water after a storm and i really like them...
after my research i discovered that some are from Italy and England.
If someone know a good web page about clay pipes please tell me about.
the face pipe is awsome:thumbsup:
 
Last edited:
Welcome.
I will post a link
 
Bump
 
Here are some bits and pieces I have pick up off the ground at one of my sites. 005.webp I know this is not Native American but his one I dug in a mid to late 1800's privy. Not only is it supper cool it has the finger print impressions from the person who was handling it when it was made. 006.webp 007.webp 008.webp 009.webp
 
Here is a few pieces that I have found. Nothing fancy here folks.:laughing7:

DSC09550.webpDSC09353.webpDSC09395.webp
 
Good times
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20141217_202249.webp
    ForumRunner_20141217_202249.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20141217_202804.webp
    ForumRunner_20141217_202804.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20141217_202921.webp
    ForumRunner_20141217_202921.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20141217_203051.webp
    ForumRunner_20141217_203051.webp
    72.1 KB · Views: 89
I have found a bunch of broken ones, but this is the only complete one I ever found and it is pretty much perfect. I also added a picture that I drew of the in situ.

I bought one today that looks like an exact match to yours! I bought it in Walbash, Indiana.
 
Here are some face pipes from my collection. I dug the second one from the right on the second row in Mogadore Ohio back in the late 1960s. The little Indian Head pipe was from Fort Fisher NC and the bottom row are Point Pleasant Ohio. The white one on the left in the second row is a Sally Michaels pipe from North Carolina. The big Indian head is a Cataba indian pipe from the 1970s. The one on the far right of the second row is a repro made in Winston Salem NC in the 1970s.I dug around 18,000 pipes in Mogadore in the late 60s and early 70s. I have 46 different types from Mogadore and about 170 different types of clay pipes in my collection.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1968.webp
    IMG_1968.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
LOL
Are you sure that the "loaded" pic is dirt its loaded with???
You should try something else...will taste better
LOL Just kidding you... that is pretty cool looking
If I found something like that, I wouldn't know what I have...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom