What's new

trading 40%

kd5txx

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2009
Messages
309
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I got a guy offering me 2 1/10 oz US gold coins for 100 40% halfs. I know nothing about gold coins. is that a fair deal?
 
Upvote 0
You can buy those 2 gold coins for a bit more than $300. I assume that your 40's you got from CRH so you would be getting that gold for 50 bucks in a trade
Rich
 
American gold eagles sell at a premium over spot gold price. Usually, the smaller the coin the higher the premium. Just checked e-bay completed sales and non-proof 1/10 eagles have been going from about $155 -$165 or so. Your 100 40% halves would be around $360, but you almost always get below spot for silver as we are not at the top of the chain. As Rich said if you got your halves CRH you only have $50 in them. If you wat to own some gold this is about an even trade based on value.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom