OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Still looking at how to break down the state my wife wants to only do 2 volumes. I think it is too early to tell.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Coming along slow but sure, busy marketing Montana.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well finnaly back at the Wyoming material. Don't know how many volumes it will take. Got a good intro almost 90 pages which is broken into two sections, outlaws and gold. Then the NW section, Big Horn County is the first covered county.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Big Horn County ended up having 66 pages of material for the 5 stories and there are maps included. Once I get this one done I will do youtube videos and post them.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
On to Fremont County, first story is that one about Farley and his rich ore. Suspected location Strawberry Creek is to far from Miner's Delight to get a nice map made that shows both. The story first appear in a newspaper from around 1898. It was a bit different from Terry's version.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is one of the maps, Strawberry Creek area.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The next story is about the suspected cache of gold at the Carissa Mine, but past authors placed the mine in the wrong direction. The possibility of high-graded ore at the other mines does exist. Carrisa Mine.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Still working away on Fremont County, plenty of lost treasure leads in this region. Terry's old listing about the Crook's Gap stage robbery and an unnamed stage stop, we did come up with several stage stops in the area and a mention of a pretty rough gang and where they hung out. Should be helpful for anyone wanting to follow up in this region.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the first is out of my hands now, Northwest is soon formatted and we will have to order a proof copy to make sure it looks good. I am working on the second, Northeast. Some interesting materials I never seen before, my wife is a great help on this stuff.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Built a page for Wyoming on Facebook and had folks wanting to join before I put anything on it. It should be fun getting into this states history.

Cujo15139

Nov 10, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do I find you on FB and YouTube? I’m interested in your work.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Try on Facebook The lost treasures of Wyoming, for YouTube look in the video section on this forum, over 50 videos up.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Finally made it thru all the saved data going back to 2006, that's about 5 or 6 user ids here on this site. Handing it all off to my wife to format and I can go search for my Lost Cabin Material.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The version of the Lost Cabin Mine where a group of cavalry in the Big Horn Mountains taking a break spot the chunk of ore with gold. Is from an old Cheyenne Daily Leader article, Oct 13, 1894 page 3. I covered 2,011 newspaper pages out of 6,255 so far! Almost 1/3 of the way thru the research project.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
It is pretty fun tracking the old stories down in the newspapers. Some days I find the article that caused a Penfield or Terry listing. It is the same as Jeffofpa is doing when he posts his leads. I got a ton of them, most are too big to make a readable jpeg and have to be converted into word. I am saving different states and world listings. Terry's World Treasure Atlas is no longer available and I have seen it listed as high as $2500. But it can be recreated easy enough, so that is a hint at the potential here.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I got two sections of Wyoming to proof read now, NW and SW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread