What's new

Translucent Beauty

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2009
Messages
3,315
Reaction score
250
Golden Thread
0
Location
»»--------->
Found a couple brokes and this beauty walking a creek the other night. The material is translucent and unusual. I'm not sure if it's some kind of chalcedony or light colored chert with quartz inclusions. I think it most resembles a Stanley narrow stem, just a guess any type opinions are welcomed. HH
 
Upvote 0
that meterial is nice, i am starting to become just a creek walker, i think 4 out of 5 points are good
 
trevmma said:
that meterial is nice, i am starting to become just a creek walker, i think 4 out of 5 points are good

Thanks, I agree with you, much better average than plowed fields.
 
thats a nice point Th3rty7. there is alot of nice points
that come out of creeks and rivers. Im going to walk
a new creek, for me anyway, Sunday, cant wait and
I hope I can find some good ones. the guy is letting
drive right to the creek, save my legs a little.
good luck man and take care. wes
 
Really like the material Nice Point I think if that is the ratio I may try walking some creeks around these fields I walk Love to find the perfect points!!!!
 
Great looking Point Ryan. That's some sweet material. I agree with you to on the type. My first thought was a Stanly Narrow Stem.
 
very cool find!!! I love those. I'm fixing to make a frame with red velvet and DC powered LED's embedded into the velvet. Ill place points like that on top of the LED's.
My daughter is collecting the ones I find to use in it, Ive done been advised it is for her though in her room... Maybe she will let me snap a photo..

Tree
 
Great point out of beautiful material. Thanks for sharing.
 
that is a really beautiful piece, seems like mountain creeks really yield pristine points, i can tell you tidal rivers where i hunt that is not the case at all, more like 90% are broken,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom