What's new

traveling on airplane

wilson220

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
can i carry my detector onto the plane with me as carry-on
 
Not as a carry on, you will have to check it in with your regular luggage.I would buy a hard case so that it does not get damaged, been there done that!!!
 
I flew with mine checked in a hard case, but I slipped it into a big crappy suitcase for disguise. :thumbsup:
 
Again.....Don't trust the airline rats that Jack your luggage.

Please take that seriously.
Buy a used snowboard case and pack your machine and whatever else. Then pack pillows around it.
 
I fly with mine all the time and never had a problem with it still have it. I put it in my suitcase,and pack it reel good and tight
 
I took mine for the first time earlier this year on a plane with me. I was nervous at first but now it will go with me all the time. I have a DFX and I bought the hard case. I have to break it down but that only takes a few minutes and it is pre cut so all the pieces fit in secure places. I even put my pin pointer, digging tool, apron and other accessories in it. I called the airline (Southwest) and asked if there was anything special I need to do when I get to security. I was told they may want to open it up and look in it. I flew out of Nashville and it went right through no problems and there was no problem fitting in the overhead. On the return trip I flew out of Kansas City. This time they opened it up and looked at it. I was watching like a hawk because I had all my findings from my vacation. Silver, Indian heads, wheats and other good finds all in a baggie. Again no problem. I even had a good time talking with them about metal detecting. So based on my experience this is what I would recommend. Make sure the airline you fly on allows carry ons and the overheads are large enough for it. Get a good hard case with good padding. A good friend of mine uses a snowboard case. Have fun. I was nervous at first but not anymore.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom