What's new

Treasure Coast 2010 Spanish finds.

Gary Drayton

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2007
Messages
357
Reaction score
663
Golden Thread
2
Location
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a couple of my 2010 Treasure Coast finds that made the W & E Treasures magazine annual best finds issue.
Mid to late 1700s Spanish military buckles.
 

Attachments

  • Spanish buckles..webp
    Spanish buckles..webp
    67.8 KB · Views: 902
Upvote 0
Re: Spanish colonial military buckles

Wow Gary those are awesome ! Did you find them in the water/Sand or on land ?
You have some great things there.
 
Re: Spanish colonial military buckles

Thanks, the buckles were found on the beach after some erosion, same wreck site but found nearly two weeks apart.
 
Very nice finds Gary...congratulations on them
and for the coverage in W&E Treasure mags
best finds issue. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Gary, congratulations on those fantastic buckle finds...and for making the magazine's annual best finds!

Those buckles are in great condition...wish I could find something like that.

Lorraine
 
Hey Gary....I will be spending some time in the treasure coast for work and will be detecting when I get a chance. Can you send me a private message so I can order your book. Alex took your advice last week and he got a really nice bronze spike. I knew I should have went with him lol.
 
Gary, those are beautiful buckles. All the ones I have seen recovered on the Treasure Coast have been the smaller shoe buckles. Congrats! :icon_thumright:

Tom
 
Thanks Tom
I too have found a few small bronze and silver buckles at the Spanish 1715 fleet wreck sites so it was a nice surprise to see a couple of larger buckles from the late 1700s show up, hopefully I can find some more. It would be cool to know how the buckles were lost. These kinds of artifacts make all the walking and the many hours I go without hearing any signals worth it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom