image.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appeared you were trying to give someone information that might not have the details... Saying it was illegal period... Unless you found it in the 19 sixties... I didn't pick your words just clarified your statement because it could be confusing to someone who didn't know Florida law and the facts collecting isolated finds displaced from their original context in Florida waters was completely legal until 2005.
I live on the Treasure Coast and most of it along the ocean consists of shipwreck salvage lease sites at this point anyone working within state law on those sites has absolute legal permission to collect within their lease boundaries

Last edited:

1goodflake

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro w/ DD 5" x 8" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Out of curiosity, do you often come up with old pottery shards, and flint flakes?? The water in Wisconsin is fruitful with similar things.... some guys use special sifter boxes with 1/8in mesh with floaties around the sides. Are there concentrations of these things or is it sparingly found from Sebastian to Ft Pierce? I think its mega cool you and others dive and pull up stone.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's scattered on the ocean beach but close to village sites on the Lagoon it can be loaded but none of that is open for collecting.
Taking photos is ok though

ForumRunner_20150814_124858.png

1goodflake

Tenderfoot
Aug 7, 2015
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro w/ DD 5" x 8" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is that all lithic scatter??? What exactly am I looking at? Inundated village sites and camps absolutely enthrall me. Any more pics?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's all broken pottery mixed with some oyster shells and a little modern trash

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It appeared you were trying to give someone information that might not have the details... Saying it was illegal period... Unless you found it in the 19 sixties... I didn't pick your words just clarified your statement because it could be confusing to someone who didn't know Florida law and the facts collecting isolated finds displaced from their original context in Florida waters was completely legal until 2005.
I live on the Treasure Coast and most of it along the ocean consists of shipwreck salvage lease sites at this point anyone working within state law on those sites has absolute legal permission to collect within their lease boundaries

As always I am humbled by your vast knowledge of everything pertaining to this forum.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was I incorrect with anything I said?
Can't tell if you're being facetious or not. lol..
He's on my home stretch of coastline I practically know if a shell has been moved out of place here

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread