Mr.Excavator
Full Member
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2013
- Messages
- 199
- Reaction score
- 192
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NorthEast, Florida coast
- Detector(s) used
- CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Friday the 4th I did my local beach with great success, so I figured Why not run down to the treasure coast for the weekend with the wife. With hopes of maybe finding something cool. Well 4hrs on Vero beaches produced a total of four targets 2 pennies and 2 fishing weights (SAD). So today I went to Wabasso beach and the Disney resort for a few hours. I got one hit and it was a small piece of aluminum wire.
Now this is VERY SAD a total of five targets from two people detecting 2 days. I also ran into another individual that was detecting and he claimed that he found a bobby pin, now I did not see it so I cannot confirm this claim.
These beaches are the cleanest metal free areas I have ever been to. They must have sand dredgers for the dry areas as well.
Unfourtionaly I wasted $400 on the trip and lost valuable 4th hunt time at my local areas. I guess live and learn. Sorry for the rant, it was just a Major let down.
Now this is VERY SAD a total of five targets from two people detecting 2 days. I also ran into another individual that was detecting and he claimed that he found a bobby pin, now I did not see it so I cannot confirm this claim.
These beaches are the cleanest metal free areas I have ever been to. They must have sand dredgers for the dry areas as well.
Unfourtionaly I wasted $400 on the trip and lost valuable 4th hunt time at my local areas. I guess live and learn. Sorry for the rant, it was just a Major let down.
Upvote
0
that being said seems like the last 6 months have produced a substantial amount of posts regarding conditions being unfavorable, it's a bummer that your hunt had minimal production, at least the views on the left and right were hopefully favorable. I would have hit the parking lot worst case after traveling such a distance. Send me a message or submit a post at the least I have some coffee to share
next time I am sure will make up for it.






