xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes. Look up Edward Rowe Snow. I believe the story goes like this: He found a book in an abandoned house, in the book was a map with a puzzle and he followed the directions to find a buried treasure. It sounds too good to be true but the guy was not the kind of person to perpetrate a hoax and was a great historian. This was in the 30/40's in Massachusetts.

OP
OP
S

Samanthy

Apr 22, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White‘s Sierra Madre
White‘s TM–600
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And that map was believed to have been from pirate Edward Low.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
A few stories have turned up in old newspapers, one involved a man who died and had his caches planted around the property. Then there is that book out currently (10 years back) with art work in it which are a form of a treasure map. Around 10 planted treasures across the U.S. two of which have been found. Josh Gates did a show on this one.
Myself I have some I have narrowed down to a small general area and published them in my books. In fact I have a video on one of them on youtube.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , For over a 100 years and even on this forum , these so called treasure experts have said ' All the big gold nuggets were found out in the desert . Just plain BS Most natural or man made treasures including ship wrecks were found by accident . This map thing is just nonsense .TP

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread