Treasure rock signs? Age? Info? My research

llanolargo

Feb 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481481825.647297.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481481845.896181.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481481890.651432.jpg

Lots of spirals, circles, circles with dots or
Dot, one that looks like a sun rise, other looks like a person, i have all this on some land i am searching, this on a mountain! Any opinion info its appreciated! What you guys think? Experts? Treasure? Map?

Hi; The guy you want to talk to is Sandy. He is your go to guy here ok. Send him a PM with the pictures. He will reply. He may know someone better than him,(I doubt it), or in the right direction ok. Here is his Thread.Just click on his name and scroll to where it says Send Messege ok.: Read this Thread. Fascinating ok.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...5-guide-vault-treasure-hunting-condensed.html

Good Luck. PEACE:RONB

Are those in North America? The spiral is a common Native American petroglyph motif, especially in the Southwest. But, it is also a common design element in European Neolithic carvings.....

Circles with dots a very common Native American motif, as well as in the Old World Neolithic sites....

These are from an Anasazi(Ancestral Puebloan) petroglyph panel in Arizona. You may find this page of interest. Your's is a beautiful example of this universal rock art motif. If your site is in North America, I would think Native American petroglyph before I thought treasure. Simply because those design elements you describe are basic to Native American petroglyphs and pictographs, from coast to coast.

http://www.visioninconsciousness.org/Ancient_Civilizations_38.htm

image.jpg

Last edited:
These are from a petroglyph site in RI, which I researched, recorded, and published years ago. The head of the human figure is represented by a circle and dot design. Again, circle and dot is a Native American design element found in petroglyphs from coast to coast....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
There has been times that I have seen 3/4 leagues represented by square box type figure' s and something important in the middle, if you find such a spot is when your expertise with metal detector that has mineral mode, stone maps may become helpful . I have seen 2 that was upside down 18 inches deep , DO NOT use a rock bar to bust thru nothing, it ruins your day if its sandstone 4 inches, thick use a probe.

Yes its in north america! I have no idea what they might be trying to explain or describe! Here are some more about 10
Miles away on another site ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481858562.679573.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481858576.394362.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481858588.001053.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481858602.526363.jpg

Yes, those are Native American petroglyphs. Notice the human figures have heads with a dot in the center. This seems to be a continent wide method of depicting humans. Which itself bespeaks not simply a long history and widespread distribution, but a symbolic content that is likely lost on us nowadays. Not in every instance. Here are examples from Mark Rock in Rhode Island. Your third photo, reproduced below, is very common on Anasazi sites. Modern descendants of the Anasazi, such as the Hopi of Az., usually interpret this as a migration symbol. The migration stories are an integral part of all Pueblo descendants of the Anasazi. I cannot interpret these designs for you, but I can confirm that they would be considered Native American petroglyphs. I don't know if your sites are known, and have been recorded officially, but those are nice examples of typical Native American rock art motifs.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

My sites are located in mexico! Very far away from here, so that alone explains the widespread of it! Very interesting! I wish they were recorded but i think i am one of a few that are aware of this sites! I wonder what all those symbols mean? The triangle, the spirals, the one that looks like a sunrise, the snake figure... ect and also how old could they possible be? All
Are deeply carved, and very accurate, some are fading out, and for that to happen would require quite some time. Any input certainly appreciated!!!

Thanks for the info. I don't know much about petroglyphs in Mexico. It never ceases to elicit questions in my mind when I see the similarities in images so far apart. Every site will have local implications and meaning, and yet there seems to be a real universality as well in the repetition of certain symbols. I just found this page which shows a site in Mexico with a very similar double spiral to the one at your site. The narrator here is concerned about preservation. If your site is isolated, that's usually the best protection a site in the open otherwise can expect.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=UL...DFfV0Z5NUloTw%3D%3D&v=6NJyunaHFAI&mode=NORMAL

I see lots of links to other videos of Mexican petroglyph sites and the video came from this page:

http://storiesbyalex.com/mexico_petroglyph_videos

In looking at this video from his collection, it seems very likely your sites are related. The spirals would suggest it. Meaning it's likely the same culture or people at your sites as at the sites he is visiting. Yours are certainly in great condition.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=mfu_in_order&v=l9OuV0alORg&list=UL

Last edited:
Here is a site in northern Mexico with primarily geometric images. They may be some 6000 years old. Meaning and dating are often difficult. When they are located at village sites, such as at the numerous Anasazi ruins in the Southwest, you may get an idea from archaeology done that provides dates for when the village was occupied. But petroglyphs have been rendered from earliest times, right down to historic times. I would not be surprised if the ones at your sites are as old as the ones described here:

Mexico unveils stone-age etchings - BBC News

There are all kinds of theories as to meaning. It's something you can research just to see how little is really known. At Southwest Anasazi sites, clan symbols can be recognized. Others may depict shamans in altered states of consciousness. Others may depict things seen in visions. Snakes were central to mythological beliefs among many tribes throughout America. The plumed or feathered serpent of MesoAmerican origin. Usually a rattlesnake. The spiral is so universal, probably meant different things to different cultures, but to some degree, especially with truly ancient carvings, you can entertain the notion of a common meaning and origin very deep in time. Recently, a petroglyph site in Nevada was determined to be over 12,000 years old. The further back in time we go, we should not be surprised if petroglyphs around the world are similar, even if meaning is something we probably can't help to truly recover.

Here's a good read on rock art:

http://www.arara.org/Understanding_Rock_Art.html

From this resource:

http://www.arara.org/index.htm

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back