Treasure Season Information

Skipper

Apr 25, 2005
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Has anyone heard about this seasons (2005), finds so far, off the beaches of Vero, Sebastian, Douglas, Sandy Point, etc..? I'm not sure when the "season" started but I think it was May 1st. Where can I go for information or an update on recently discovered coins, jewelry, cannons, etc.. of the 1715 fleet? Or any other newly discovered shipwreck? Is there a report page where permitted contractors post their progress/finds?
Does anyone know what the ocean floor is like now as a result from the hurricanes last year? Is the sand gone or deeper than ever? ???

Thanks for the help.

Skipper

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skipper, there is no formal start date for the dive season along the treasure coast. Basically, the season starts when the ocean gets calm, and the visibility gets good. This year that would be just about now.
As a result of last year?s horrendous hurricane season, expectations are running high that what was covered may now be uncovered. However, the opposite may be the case. We will just have to wait and see, as divers are just now heading to the bottom, and there is a lot of ocean to search.
Many of the sub-contractors to the Fisher leases have there own web sites that they post there finds on. Unfortunately, at this time of year they have little time to update these pages. Taffi Fisher Abt and her team are very good about posting new significant finds on there web site http://Melfisher.com, as the sub-contractors are required to turn all finds to them on a regular basis.
The truth of the matter is that the last couple of seasons have revealed little in the way of treasure recovered from these sites. Hopes are high that this will change this year.
Rest assured that as I hear news of any finds, I will post them here on this forum.

Just a little side bar; competition between treasure hunters is often intense, and secrecy about finds is the norm. Remember that for the sub-contractors, they are allowed to work most any of the Fisher leases that they want (the Cabin wreck was off limits last year), and if they hit a hot spot they will stay mute as long as possible to keep the competition at bay.

Stay tuned?

Q

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hurricane season starts in less then 30 days!

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisheye; you just had to go there didn?t ya. LOL
So, are you going to camp out on the beach again, if we have any hurricanes this season?
Thanks for the reminder! I have to hit Home Depot this weekend and pick up a window AC unit. We were without power for a week after each of the two that hit us, and one room with AC powered by the generator is a must. It will make the wife happy while I?m on the beach.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im working on my RV right now,tearing out the inside and redoing it all,plus raiseing the rook 1 1/2 foot so i can stand up in it,i think this one was made for midgets,hopefully it will be done by the fisrt cane gets here,ill park it as close to the beach i can get,its streamlined so it will do well in the wind if pointed in the right direction,i have 2 generators,actually 3 one is for my house .wreckdiver,how close are you to the beach?

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisheye, I?m about 4 blocks west of A1A, and just south of the Pineda causeway off of Ocean blvd.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread