Wrecks listed in Thomas Terrys treasure atlas?

M

MarkinNC

Wrecks listed in Thomas Terry's treasure atlas?

OK, I have read lots on this board about the 1715 Plate Fleet.? What I have not read is any reference to any of the shipwrecks that is listed in volumn 7 of the United States Treasure Atlas by Thomas P. Terry.

There seems to be some confusion as he list the following, (I am not going to list it word for word)

1750, Unknown Spanish Galleon/ off Cape Hatteras 400,000 pieces of 8, Hurricane

Same storm, same location, but more specific in Currituck inlet, Spanish Galleon La Galga, 1 million in gold and silver

Later on he writes

"The Spanish Plate Fleet Galleon Nuestra Sonora de la Soledad wrecked in a hurricane, August 18th 1750 near drum inlet, over 1 million in gold and silver treasure"

Also list the following, unidentified Spanish "nao" sank during the same 1750 Hurricane, also in the area of drum inlet.

Any ideas or has anyone researched any of these?? I take the treasure leads from this book with a grain of salt after spending more than a year researching a local treasure lead to find out that the actual location was in a different state LOL.

Other notable listings for shipwrecks said to be carrying loads of gold and silver are
1776 Aurora
1871 Kensington
1857 SS Central America - said to be bringing over 3 million worth of gold from the California gold fields back to the east coast
1773 British ship Sterling Crown

Numerous other listings in this book.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Re: Wrecks listed in Thomas Terry's treasure atlas?

The La Galga was found off the coast of Maryland a few years ago, apparently it was not sunk at Currituck Inlet.

OP
OP
M

MarkinNC

Ahh, it seems that I did not read back far enough LOL. Thanks Darren

MrTideman

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2005

Yeah! Just saw Mr. "Thomas P. Terry"* on Lifetime T.V.'s (Channel 33 here in New England), "Unsolved Mysteries" hosted by Robert Stack, R.I.P., at from 1:30-:40 p.m. or thereabouts dealing with The Dutch Schultz buried treasure in Phoenicia, N.Y. supposedly along the Esophus Creek (to where my brother and I camped out there back in the 1970s at a commercial campground, even digging down the way near some old Firestone tire logo car parts (Firestone started in year: ____?), since then reading on the internet, with printout around here somewhere, that somebody thought the, now worth $50 million according to Mr. Stack today, re: the 199_ broadcast, might be buried in one of the caves on a hill there named Devil's Den, or something like that. Does anybody know where the original map is, or a copy? And "why" those following in their footsteps can not find it, it including, as Mr. Terry said, those Liberty Bonds, since matured but that had never been cashed, to which I add, never been into the collector market either. So "Free2Dtect" when you next see Mr. Terry, maybe to ask him about this, and re: these wrecks here of which one(s) he'd investigate if he had the time "and" the money, or is he, like the "Republic" recoverers forming a land-based treasure hunting company, and if so, please let me know to both buy some stock, and join the team. Thank you "very" much! *p.4 at Google to this page.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread