CanadianTrout
Hero Member
arkeolog11 said:Hi rangler, I'm new here, and I have a question to you:
Did you try to read the poem from botton to the top?
Is not beautiful?
Very astute of you arkolog11 !! It reads quite nicely from bottom to top.
arkeolog11 said:Hi rangler, I'm new here, and I have a question to you:
Did you try to read the poem from botton to the top?
Is not beautiful?
arkeolog11 said:Hi Canadian,
I think there is a lot more information or meaning reading from botom.
Old Dog said:Hey CT,
.....
I still think the most amazing one of all is the song "Amazing Grace".
Did you know it can be sung to almost any tune written?
I heard it sung once to the tune of "Ghost Riders In The Sky". Talk about spooky



Shortstack said:Thank you, Thom, for a short and concise explanation without a lot of personal attacks and platitudes.I had wondered if they might also have had mirrors, but then glass mirrors probably were not that common if they existed then at all. A highly polished brass one might have been useful, too, for an over-the-shoulder look at the markers.
![]()
Springfield said:Shortstack said:Thank you, Thom, for a short and concise explanation without a lot of personal attacks and platitudes.I had wondered if they might also have had mirrors, but then glass mirrors probably were not that common if they existed then at all. A highly polished brass one might have been useful, too, for an over-the-shoulder look at the markers.
![]()
Surely you jest.
Shortstack said:Springfield said:Surely you jest.
Actually, NO, I'm not.
The invention of ...etc...
Now, with all of these facts, I would think that explorers in rough country, in the time frame that the Spanish explorers were creating the trail markers, would be using polished metal pieces. They would be more portable and easily used. Since they had no cameras to take photos with and stand the photos before a mirror, PLUS, a glass based mirror would have been pretty fragile as well as EXPENSIVE to take such a chance on breaking it. That's why, today, emergency signal mirrors are very often made of polished metal instead of tempered glass. Tempered glass will disintegrate with a tap on the edges. Glass back "then" would have been very fragile.



? The only answer I could come up with was....................(drum roll please).........................a MIRROR. When you asked if I was kidding; I then explained the history of the mirror and that, most likely, they used a polished metal mirror due to the expense and fragility of GLASS mirrors.