TREASURES OF THE LIBRARY

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
well. i hit it just right for the annual library sale. the library was selling for a dollar a bag. i bought books on soooo many subjects for like under 10 cents each. course,these do have the library stamp and pockets. and for resale not as valuable because of this. i havent sold anything in quite a while anyway.

some examples;
chess, 8 titles
golf, 22 titles many first ed. forties and up
fishing, 8 titles 3 signed fifties to mid nineties
glassware collectibles, 18 titles incl graniteware,hummels,old fruit jars etc and i really need to teach myself more about what is good and how to recognize.
canoeing, 10 titles
coins, 8 titles, early photogrades.price giudes
even several treasure related books...gold rush ..treasure diving

so very pleased.....about 30 records too.

so remember the library can be a good place to treasure hunt. some libraries have a permanent for sale book room. usually though not as good as their annual sale. at mine they overprice them in the bookroom. 3 to 8 dollars each. then end up blowing them all out at once for next to nothing at the sale. my suggestion that they price stuff at 50 cents to a buck to begin with was not heeded.HH. WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OTHER STORIES OF EX LIB FINDS.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
congrats on some good finds there! I have not been to one of those sales in quite awhile but need to find out when they have them in the town I just moved to. I love books!!!!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
found a ship wreck referance book that goes used on e bay for $150 bucks --( I have one already) and got it for l$10amd sent it to relicdude 07 as a gift.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread