

tymcmurray said:I would consider it a map until disproven!!!
Look behind the tree for a larhe are represented by the circle.
Not sure of the distance.
Tree maps were usually lined up in the direction on the treasure.
Of course it could be reversed and the large circle is the tree.
I have a friend that always detects for about 50 yards behind an old stone mile marker
he can find. He read that those were great places to hide valuables.
Bood luck and keep me informed, please!!!
_________________
Tips, Techniques, and Tales at:
http://www.justgometaldetecting.com/
Chris_Odom said:tymcmurray said:I would consider it a map until disproven!!!
Look behind the tree for a larhe are represented by the circle.
Not sure of the distance.
Tree maps were usually lined up in the direction on the treasure.
Of course it could be reversed and the large circle is the tree.
I have a friend that always detects for about 50 yards behind an old stone mile marker
he can find. He read that those were great places to hide valuables.
Bood luck and keep me informed, please!!!
_________________
Tips, Techniques, and Tales at:
http://www.justgometaldetecting.com/
Finally someone commenting on the symbol and not the tree, lol. The symbol that i see there is the ancent symbol for Sun, or it could be a messed up Alchemy symbol for gold. The smaller dots could mean a number of things. I also notice there is a small dot on the outside of the box this might be part of the map or code. Check here it might help. . .
http://books.google.com/books?id=06...ontcover&dq=symbols&cd=1#v=onepage&q=&f=false


