Triangle rock with grooves

Bugzy99

Jul 31, 2016
Maine
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost left this by the riverbank here in Maine, but kept it and cleaned it up a bit. I looked at the edges with a magnifier and the end and one edge have small grooves in them. Thoughts? image.jpegimage.jpeg

Upvote 0
Are there gorgets in your area could be a piece of one or a decorative stone. Looks like it was shape that way by humans.

Can you post some more pics of it? It does look like it could be something it has a uniform thickness to it and the edges look rounded off . Is there any sign of a hole or dimple in the wide end ?

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Can you post some more pics of it? It does look like it could be something it has a uniform thickness to it and the edges look rounded off . Is there any sign of a hole or dimple in the wide end ?

Well i dont know what you have , but the grooves dont look natural . possibly used for some purpose.

I'm not sure what it is but the grooves don't look like they have the same patina as the stone from what I see in the photos.:dontknow:

image.jpegkimage.jpeg. Maybe some better close ups......probably will need to show someone in person.. Thank you for your help....this find makes me happy :)

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
looks like oil shale, chips easy enough to look like something it is not.

Just not enough of it for me to give a guess on it. There are a few artifacts it could of been like a Gorget or even the wing end of a banner but like I said there isnt much left to know for sure. Nice study piece

Just not enough of it for me to give a guess on it. There are a few artifacts it could of been like a Gorget or even the wing end of a banner but like I said there isnt much left to know for sure. Nice study piece

rock is right, if what you're picturing has a chance at being an artifact you'll need to take good pictures of what your holding at different angles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back