What's new

Tried a brinks box of quarters today

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
1,024
Reaction score
192
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....and found a 1964. :icon_thumleft:

I figure if dimes are about 1 per box, this was as good as 2 1/2 boxes of dimes with less coins to dump. I think I'm gonna mix quarters into the rotation a bit more in the coming weeks.

HH

Nick
 
Upvote 0
I'd be curious how you do with quarters. No one really does them. A while back I recall someone getting 16 keepers out of a box.I guess that would be a dream box.
HH
Rich
 
Good score I also have thought about doing quarters when I do not have anything else to do. I did a box of dimes todays and got 1 dime.....Matt
 
That's great if you got 1 keeper in 1 box try. I think based on what people here wrote before, they got found 1 per every 4-5 boxes. I haven't tried quarters but those are the averages.
 
SFBayArea said:
That's great if you got 1 keeper in 1 box try. I think based on what people here wrote before, they got found 1 per every 4-5 boxes. I haven't tried quarters but those are the averages.

I have done 5 boxes of quarters in my short time at this hobby and have recovered 3 silver quarters.
 
I do quarters because my dad owns some coin operated washers/dryers and I average about 1 silver for every $900 in clad.
 
nice score!!! in january i did 2 boxes of quarters and found 2 silver quarters (1961d and 1964d), a canadian or two, an unidentifiable foreign coin, and a 1976-s CLAD proof...not 40%, but that would have been really cool tho...finding a 40%er quarter searching :laughing9: keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom