What's new

Tried A new spot out

coosakid

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2016
Messages
611
Reaction score
970
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearing off some woods for fields By the house. Found a few pieces, looks promising. Ain't been cleared back long so after a few good rains she find more IMG_20180114_183333.webpIMG_20180114_183323.webpIMG_20180114_183410.webpIMG_20180114_183429.webp
 
Upvote 0
Also found some broke ones... Not sure about the pink quartz one, I believe it was a knifeIMG_20180114_194438.webpIMG_20180114_190634.webp
 
Always nice to have points in a field near the house, I like those quartz points and you are just starting
 
Nice finds your definitely starting the year off rite. I think I have the identical twin to the longer one even has same brown colored patina
 
Looks like you are having a great start to the new year
 
Looks like you are having a great start to the new year
What kind of point would you say that was. I'm just not sure on this one
 
The small one may be a Halifax the bigger one may be a well worn Guilford just a guess
 
What kind of point would you say that was. I'm just not sure on this one

The quartz one imo is a well used Buzzard Roost middle archaic.
The other looks to me to be in the Adena family.
Both will look good in a frame.
Snowed here so the hunt for me will have to wait till next week. Its just now melting off, just enough to make the fields unwalkabe and the creeks will take a few more days to melt off.
 
Did you get any of this Coosa?
 

Attachments

  • SDC12833.webp
    SDC12833.webp
    894.4 KB · Views: 82
Did you get any of this Coosa?
For sure.... Sadly no pics... The road headed to town iced over and we couldn't leave for a couple of days.... It's all gone now though gonna try and get out and hopefully find something today
 
For sure.... Sadly no pics... The road headed to town iced over and we couldn't leave for a couple of days.... It's all gone now though gonna try and get out and hopefully find something today
Im still trying to get a day off so I can go. Dang snow makes for a lot of work. Then there is the rain on my other days off. Maybe soon I can get out and do something. Hope you found something.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom