What's new

Tried dimes for the first time-not hooked yet

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I was at the local grocery store that has a bank branch inside. I asked for halves and they had none. I decided to ask for dimes and they gave me $280 in hand rolls.

I found 3 keepers- 1955, 1959D and 1964D

It was more tedious work than halves. Also found 2 Canadian dimes (non-silver) that fooled me because the rims look like silver.

I may try again.

Jim
 
Upvote 0
I think there is still too much silver in the halves for me to jump to Dwight.
 
Hey Jim, I just started hitting dimes and yes it is more work but I find it curbs the silver appetite when I don't have any halves to pick up. Still know where near the amount of silver I pull with halves. Every little bit counts though.

-Golden Silver
 
You will get the hang of dimes :P and the key to the Canadian dimes is the edges on them are a little thinner then our silver dimes and a trick is to get a magnet and have it handy you see what you think might be one run the magnet over it and if it is Canadian it will stick to the magnet :wink:
That makes it a lot easier to pick them out and our silver dimes will jump out at you after a while.
gl
dan :thumbsup:
 
That's cool, you can just leave the dimes to the rest of us!

-Codes
 
jim4silver said:
I was at the local grocery store that has a bank branch inside. I asked for halves and they had none. I decided to ask for dimes and they gave me $280 in hand rolls.

I found 3 keepers- 1955, 1959D and 1964D

It was more tedious work than halves. Also found 2 Canadian dimes (non-silver) that fooled me because the rims look like silver.

I may try again.

Jim
Jim, that's better than 1/$100....and also, welcome to the DARK side! BWAAHAAHAA! FFD
 
I say just do dimes when you can't get any half's. And yes, after awhile you will be able to tell if its a Canadian or not just by looking at the edges. For me it takes about a half an hour to do a box of dimes or a box of half's. Its just more silver for the pile... :icon_pirat:
 
Piercesdad said:
I think there is still too much silver in the halves for me to jump to Dwight.

Dwight? I think you meant to say ole "Franklin D." Roosevelt as found on the dimes. :icon_profileleft:
 
3 dimes out of $280 is above average for around here....i'm averaging around 2 for $300
 
mistergee said:
3 dimes out of $280 is above average for around here....i'm averaging around 2 for $300
Your doing better than ME. Sunday I did 11 boxes and got 5 slivers for my trouble. HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom