Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually just decide on a place and go there. Today, I decided to do one of those mini-roadtrips I used to do, long ago. You know, just ride around, looking for new places to swing a coil. Swing for an hour or so and then, move on. (unless....well you know)

Anyway, I kept the mileage under 60 miles for the trip. Found a couple things and saw a couple new prospective places.

All in all, a very nice day!

Not much in the pouch but that's ok, very enjoyable day.

2014 (700).jpg
2014 (701).jpg

Three whole wheat toasties.

2014 (702).jpg

When my ride showed up they beeped their horn.
I hollered over, "Just a minute, be right there!"
When I got there, this was all that was left!!

2014 (704).jpg

Dunno, brass with some sort of rubber thing on one end.

2014 (703).jpg

At least the ring kept me from sleeping on the porch after a long day! ;)

Ya know, I enjoyed this so much today I think I'm going to do it again, soon.
Only this time, I think I'm going to straighten out my random trip and point it toward Philly. ;)

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 8
It's pretty cool, just looking for new places. Congrats!

I can see you finding a good spot to detect soon if you keep this trend up !!

I can see you finding a good spot to detect soon if you keep this trend up !!

I used to be pretty good at research. But, since I've started back I've been taking the easy road. Going to local and easy places. Like parks/schools/etc. Occasionally I got a place handed to me and I've done ok. But, the itch for finding "old" as opposed to a "lot" is starting to grow again. That's how it should be. After all, I'm not in this for profit. I still love uncovering history too much. :)

I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

I do the drive around thing too. The endless quest for mowed ground lol! I have hundreds of great spots, packed with good finds...covered with four feet of thick prairie grass.

not bad for trying out a new thing, next time might really pay off, you just never know

There is something to be said for serendipitous hunts on occasion.
Though from the looks of your ride it was a rough neighborhood.

There is something to be said for serendipitous hunts on occasion.
Though from the looks of your ride it was a rough neighborhood.

Actually, no, the neighborhoods seemed nice enough. The finding was a little rough. ;)

Thanks!

If you're looking for "old", Philly will be your best bet. Hope it is so old it is unfamiliar to you.:coffee2:

If you're looking for "old", Philly will be your best bet. Hope it is so old it is unfamiliar to you.:coffee2:

Newer school grounds, parks, fields that are reserved for visiting dignitaries, etc. They're getting old, just not old enough. ;) LOL

I love the finding, but I'm getting a familiar itch for the past. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back