What's new

Trilobite, possibly?

cajundetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2023
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
2,053
Golden Thread
0
Found while picking through some road gravel (it’s my go to when I strike out metal detecting lol). Far from an expert, just wondering if this could be trilobite. Any thoughts, ridicule appreciated. Thanks for viewing! IMG_0553.webp
 
Found while picking through some road gravel (it’s my go to when I strike out metal detecting lol). Far from an expert, just wondering if this could be trilobite. Any thoughts, ridicule appreciated. Thanks for viewing! View attachment 2108722
Btw, tiny thing on rite side of rock. Must enlarge substantially.
 
Looks like a partial trilobite to me. When I was a kid my dad sent us a mile away to the railroad tracks to shoot our .22s. On one trip they had just added new ballast to the tracks. Crushed limestone with trilobites showing everywhere. I didn’t know what they were and only took one. Gave it to my teacher. Went back yrs later to look for more but they were long gone.
 
Looks like a partial trilobite to me. When I was a kid my dad sent us a mile away to the railroad tracks to shoot our .22s. On one trip they had just added new ballast to the tracks. Crushed limestone with trilobites showing everywhere. I didn’t know what they were and only took one. Gave it to my teacher. Went back yrs later to look for more but they were long gone.
Thank you for the feedback TP!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom