What's new

Trim off the top and leave it long in the back!

cmhoose

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
250
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Well as you probably figured from the title, BARBER! :headbang: I went in on my lunch break and picked up one of my boxes today. As I walked out to the truck, I noticed the date stamp on the box. It was the same (JUN 05 2008 CWI) stamp that I have been seeing on a lot of my CWI boxes lately. Every box from this date has produced huge for me. The lowest being 9 silvers, yet all 9 were 90%ers. When I got in the truck, I busted into it. The box had a Franklin, 64, and a 40%er showing so I knew I was in for a treat. The first two rolls I opened had 3 keepers each! I was two rolls in and already had Walkers, Franklins, and 1 40%er. I get down to the last couple of rolls and out comes a big surprise. I was rim searching so I thought I had pulled another Walker. To my amazement it is a 1908-O Barber! :headbang: It was a good thing I was parked because I would have wrecked for sure. 39 Keepers total. 1 - Barber, 8 - Walkers, 7 - Franklins, 6 - 64's, 17 - 40%ers
A couple of the Franklins and 64's are AU.

An amazing spread!

1908-O, 1935, 1941, 1942-D x 2, 1944-S x 2, 1945 x 2, 1950, 1951, 1951-D, 1952-D, 1953-D, 1958-D, 1959-D, 1964 X 3, 1964-D x 3, 1966 x 3, 1967 x 7, 1968-D x 5, 1969-D x 2
 

Attachments

  • 06-17-09 Finds 009.webp
    06-17-09 Finds 009.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 06-17-09 Finds 006.webp
    06-17-09 Finds 006.webp
    28.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 06-17-09 Finds 008.webp
    06-17-09 Finds 008.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 06-17-09 Finds 002.webp
    06-17-09 Finds 002.webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 384
  • 06-17-09 Finds 004.webp
    06-17-09 Finds 004.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 

Attachments

  • mullsicfest.webp
    mullsicfest.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 362
mullet man, sounds like you'd love that nascar! i'll raise my glass to the next one :coffee2: keep rockin hard :headbang:
 
Nice find Hoose!

I haven't got a haircut now in 10 years...unless you count digging.
 
Oh my.....another Barber found!! Kudos CM. Finding old coins (101 yrs old) like this today still amazes me. Coupled with your totals, no doubt you had fun!!

Surely there is another one out there.....good luck.
 
coincrazed, the name is ~phrostie~, my man. I turn pale when there is a lack of silver, and damn it's cold in here.

However, if you wanna hate the playa, regardless if it's freddie mercury or phrostie, lets do it on my posts or yours, not CMs. I'm just here to give my man CM congrats because I know he's had a string of bad luck boxes. He finally's getting cold silver like phrostie has been getting only this time with a buzz on the top. BTW, do you wanna get frosty with me?

~phrostie~
 
Congrads on a great box and a barber to boot. Is that your 1st one?WTG,let us know how you do with the rest of your boxes.
 
mountainman 2 said:
Congrads on a great box and a barber to boot. Is that your 1st one?WTG,let us know how you do with the rest of your boxes.

Thanks all! Yeah, this is the first Barber I've ever pulled from a roll. But, I have 6 or 7 others in my collection that I got at auction years ago. I just saw that you got your first on the same day! Congrats to you too! :occasion14:

The Barber's are starting to crop up. Good luck to everyone else trying to get into the club.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom