trip to Lauderdale

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
captaindoug said:
I drove over to Ft. Lauderdale a couple of days ago to purchase a new Lavacore wet suit to keep me warm this winter, The Atlantic was pretty rough but I gave it a go anyway. Found a couple of earrings, a little clad and got my cell phone real clean. I hate when that happens.

I'm laughing :laughing7: and crying :dontknow: Captain! Here's to big gold, new cell phones, and lessons we all learn from time to time! :notworthy:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o Wow I am sorry to hear that! Uhm .. were you warm anyway?
I have a question too. Have you looked at the dry suits? I am weighing my options. what do you think of them.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Doug I need to do both...go to Lauderdale and get a wetsuit. sorry about the cell.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will enjoy the wet-suit Doug and you
probably needed to upgrade your phone
anyway....just not at that particular time.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doug looks like we are going to have to take up armed robbery to get any gold lol. Put my wet suit on because i was starting to get cold out there. Sorry about the cell phone..... i keep doing the same thing with my battery car door opener in my pocket. long drive but at least you got a wet suit.

Dew

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I've lost one, a costly lesson for sure.
Dave44
I have a question too. Have you looked at the dry suits? I am weighing my options. what do you think of them.
Wait till summer, go ebay, look for new with tags, immersion suit, survival suit...Once you have hunted in a drysuit, you will never turn back...if your hunting the mid Atlantic area you will extend your in the water hunting season till late December, then you should be able to get back into the water by mid march...the only thing holding you back jan thur march would be the wind chill..my opinion, go one size larger, the older you get the harder it is to get into.... pee zipper is good/bad, never buy used. MSD900 is the best for winter detecting.........

Burldrives

Sep 26, 2011
St Petersburg Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A sunny day in florida can be tough in a dry suit unless you are planning to go at least chest deep. I was a dry suit diver up north for years but when came south a pair of farmer johns are great , ad a shorty for cold days . many of both on Craigs list .

Craig

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be more of a sweatsuit in florida I'm sure.

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
No wonder you wouldn't pick up my calls! LOL, just kidding I always carry extra zip lock baggies for things like cell phones, etc. Didn't help the one time I dropped my cell phone into a cup of coffee! Oops! Good hunting and much warmth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread