Trouble shooting

Lilwiggles

Dec 22, 2021
I have a Garrett ATGold it's maybe a month old. Probably about 15 to 25 hours of use. Today, it was working fine. I dug one aluminum tab and 1 nail. Then it was like it just quit detecting anything. Everything on it works is far as adjusting the discrimination, frequency, sensitivity, all metal, disc 1 and disc 2 as well as the threshold. It just won't detect. I did notice that when my pin pointer is on it will detect that as soon as I shut the pin pointer off the garette won't detect it. On all metal mode I can still hear a little background noise and as I'm changing the setting I can still hear it making noise like the beeps it makes it's like the coils not working. I just emailed Garrett waiting for a reply just curious if any of you have experienced this?

Upvote 1

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Garrett ATGold it's maybe a month old. Probably about 15 to 25 hours of use. Today, it was working fine. I dug one aluminum tab and 1 nail. Then it was like it just quit detecting anything. Everything on it works is far as adjusting the discrimination, frequency, sensitivity, all metal, disc 1 and disc 2 as well as the threshold. It just won't detect. I did notice that when my pin pointer is on it will detect that as soon as I shut the pin pointer off the garette won't detect it. On all metal mode I can still hear a little background noise and as I'm changing the setting I can still hear it making noise like the beeps it makes it's like the coils not working. I just emailed Garrett waiting for a reply just curious if any of you have experienced this?
Did you get resolve? I am not a Garrett guy, but did you try resetting to factory settings? Good luck.

OP
OP
L

Lilwiggles

Dec 22, 2021
Did you get resolve? I am not a Garrett guy, but did you try resetting to factory settings? Good luck.
Ya it resolved.i did reset it's something to do with the cord to the coil. If I wiggle it it cuts out from time to time.its connected good,so I assume there's a severed wire somewhere or almost severed.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya it resolved.i did reset it's something to do with the cord to the coil. If I wiggle it it cuts out from time to time.its connected good,so I assume there's a severed wire somewhere or almost severed.
Glad you got it working. Cheers.

OP
OP
L

Lilwiggles

Dec 22, 2021
Glad you got it working. Cheers.
Thanks, I was worried for a bit.garrett said it wasn't under warranty at first. I bought it new from Cabela's.i guess it was a 2017,I bought it Dec 15 2021. I sent them a picture of them a picture of the order/receipt showing Cabela's ordered from garette. So they honored the warranty.either way it would have worked out,Cabela's said they would make it right. I'm thinking of picking up another one,just in case I ever have to send it in.that way I can still go out.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Trouble Shooting"? In that case, i recommend the weaver stance:

OP
OP
L

Lilwiggles