Troy Shadow x2 by Tesoro

eldonrgv

Mar 26, 2017
Roma Texas
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. After a while I decided to buy me a md a give this hobby a try. I was interested in getting me a Compadre for starters but got me the Shadow x2 on eBay with 3 coils 5 3/4 concentric, the stock 7" donut, and a 9" all in great condition for $200. I'm new to this hobby and got my Shadow today and took it to the park with the 5 3/4 coil and swinged it for an hr and got myself $4.74 in change. I'm happy with what I've got and appears to work great but there's hardly any reviews about this detector when I googled it. The couple reviews I found give great info about this machine but then again if its this great why no big reviews about it? Since it was made for Troy by Tesoro I thought of giving it a try here to see if any Tesoro owners ever used one and their input.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
killer deal!

I don't have one, but it sounds like you got a great deal!

From what I understand, they were based on the Silver Sabre μMAX circuit (another classic), but with some changes. Should be a great detector for you and in my opinion, much more versatile than a Compadre.

Happy hunting with your X2!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THe Shadow X2 is somewhat dated as the base is the Tesoro Silver Sabre umax which has been out of production for quit a while now. Both are considered very good detectors for their time. In fact, I have 2 of the SSumax detectors and intend to keep both in my arsenal. Learn the use it well and it will treat you right.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread