What's new

Truck and Tobacco

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
2,349
Reaction score
8,460
Golden Thread
0
Location
Idaho
The truck pic was taken at the AZ/NM State line on the way to TN. The tobacco field shots were a couple days ago about 50 mile east of Louisville, KY. ( As always, to view full size, you have to click on the pics 2 or 3 times. )
 

Attachments

  • 13def.webp
    13def.webp
    413.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 11111a.webp
    11111a.webp
    188.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 00444444A.webp
    00444444A.webp
    258.4 KB · Views: 97
  • HDRPAINT.webp
    HDRPAINT.webp
    332.8 KB · Views: 119
Boy you got awesome camera gear. It's all so colorful with such wonderful crispy details.
 
beautiful Tobacco Shots :icon_thumright:

the distant background & sky in the truck shot is awesome too
 
Boy you got awesome camera gear. It's all so colorful with such wonderful crispy details.
Thanks Grant, I do have some good quality equipment, but have learned a few things about processing that helps.
 
beautiful Tobacco Shots :icon_thumright:

the distant background & sky in the truck shot is awesome too
Thanks Jeff, . I wasn't able to stop and get pics of more in different stages I saw in TN and VA. Younger plants were a deep dark green, and another field was still green with purple flowers on the tops.
 
I haven't seen actual Tobacco fields since I was a Kid in the Back of my Families car.
in Lancaster county, PA I think
 
I haven't seen actual Tobacco fields since I was a Kid in the Back of my Families car.
in Lancaster county, PA I think
My daughter lives in Lititz, PA near Lancster. When she saw these pics, she said the Amish folks grow a lot of it in that area.
 
My daughter lives in Lititz, PA near Lancster. When she saw these pics, she said the Amish folks grow a lot of it in that area.

I wasn't sure How much is still Grown down there .
was early '60's since I've seen it
 
Great photos! The truck pic brings back memories of tracing through the area many yrs ago.
What camera did you use to shoot this photo?
 
As a kid, I worked the tobacco fields in Southern Virginia, sometimes the owner paid me, otherwise I got shafted. I quit because he wouldn't pay me.

Now, the truck in the picture reminds me of a saying - "Drive careful, yours may be on this load."

Beautiful pictures!
 
Great photos! The truck pic brings back memories of tracing through the area many yrs ago.
What camera did you use to shoot this photo?
I used a Canon 5D III, with a 24-105 lens. The truck pic is an HDR. I purposely under exposed to keep from blowing out the detail in the clouds. I always shoot in the raw format, so here are the two images converted from raw to jpg with no adjustments at all done to them. I combined them into one in a program called photomatix, then worked on it in photoshop elements, and the editor that came with the camera called digital photo proffesional.
 

Attachments

  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 005a.webp
    005a.webp
    79.6 KB · Views: 67

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom