timekiller
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2009
- Messages
- 3,853
- Reaction score
- 966
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Morehead City / Newport NC
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Last year I found a piece of metal of some kind that looked to be made in a mold.This year I have found another piece from same bar or one just like it.They both came from the Fort Macon Area.The ocean side of the fort.So I don't know if it is off a ship wreck or something from the fort.The darker piece I found last year and the brighter piece just yesterday.Very close to the same place.It's brighter cause I cleaned it in Acid.It was crusted in sand.Once the acid eats the sand off it does not react to the metal much.It is fairly heavy metal.I feel it must have some lead cause of the way it turned back to a dull grey as you can see from the piece last year.But is harder then plain lead and does not melt as easily as lead does.It looks to break in a fractured form.I feel it is somewhat old.I have thought about zinc but looks like zinc would deteriorate over time,also thought zinc was more reactive in acid.
Did not get much info on it last year thought I'd bring it back up seems how I found another piece.
Did not get much info on it last year thought I'd bring it back up seems how I found another piece.
Just strange that it looks to be made of something that was put into bars.The fort is a old place used before the civil war.Many wrecks on the ocean side over time.The Queen Anns Revenge is only 1 mile or so directly offshore from this find and quite afew other wrecks in the area.Although purdy sure it's not from era of queen ann.But it's just something I had forgot about til the other day when I found this other piece.Might check with park officals to see if they have seen anything found like it forgot that idea yesterday.






