Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coming this week. My other detectors are SP Orx, and Equinox 600
With 11”. No way expecting the Simplex to outperform either of those two
but hoping with the small elliptical coil it will offer something other than another
machine with 0-99 TID and being waterproof, the small coil ( Nox 6” coil footprint too small
For general use and cancelled Coiltek 10x5 preorder due to delays)
Also in July I have a fantastic detecting opportunity and the simplex will be what I loan the property owner to use.

I’ll likely sell it when the new SMF comes out.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the exact same place you are with detectors. My Simplex is supposed to be here today. Hoping the SP24, along with the Simplex's audio, will help me squeak out a few more targets in those colonial nail beds. Always wondered why XP never made a sniper coil. It would be about the same price as a Simplex anyway haha.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Put it together and played around with it in the house last night. I swear the lower rod feels stiffer than the first one I had.

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like the configuration and feel of the simplex with elliptical coil, and how it collapses and fits in my backpack
with the coil on. Headphones are fine- build quality excellent. I used it on a site I’ve cleared out all easy targets. Not used to the audio yet. Not particularly impressed but not judging yet. Need to use a lot more first. Found V nickel.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I swear the lower rod feels stiffer than the first one I had.

Smaller coil means less mass at the end of the lower rod, and less
flex in the rod as a result. Relatively speaking, it is stiffer..

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was my first thought so I put the 11 inch on just to check and there is very minimal flex. The original batch of shafts would almost flex 2 inches after being in the sun for an hour. I'm impressed with thier response to customer complaints.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the configuration and feel of the simplex with elliptical coil, and how it collapses and fits in my backpack
with the coil on. Headphones are fine- build quality excellent. I used it on a site I?€™ve cleared out all easy targets. Not used to the audio yet. Not particularly impressed but not judging yet. Need to use a lot more first. Found V nickel.

All the noises it makes, mean something, but I'm a slow learner - so, I'm staying with this machine, nearly all the time, and sometimes...., I'm a good guesser! The sounds are different with all my other machines...!
Stick with it, Good Luck and Happy Hunting...! :icon_thumright:

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you will be surprised, the Simplex is a strong contender. what works best for me with the SP24 is v2.77 additionally, use Park1.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the noises it makes, mean something, but I'm a slow learner - so, I'm staying with this machine, nearly all the time, and sometimes...., I'm a good guesser! The sounds are different with all my other machines...!
Stick with it, Good Luck and Happy Hunting...! :icon_thumright:

It came together for me early on in my second season of use.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will be surprised, the Simplex is a strong contender. what works best for me with the SP24 is v2.77 additionally, use Park1.

Ya it's a good machine, and an excellent deal. I almost wrapped it around a tree early in my first season of use. It felt like an alien artifact after using the AT Pro for so long. Now I really like and appreciate the machine. And I will not pretend that I have mastered all the modes/settings. I can say with delight that it has more to give me yet. It feels like a (higher tech.) mid ranger in the AT Pro range. It's not an ultra high ender, but for the price and features, it's no slouch for sure.

Smurfe

Greenie
Nov 2, 2016
Gonzales Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a Nokta Makro Simplex + a couple of days ago. It will arrive I believe Wednesday. It will be coming with 2 coils. The stock and the SP24. I am brand new to metal detecting and was just wondering which coil to use to learn the machine or does it really make any difference? From the many reviews I have watched on YouTube, I tend to think I would just use the SP24 coil.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard Guy, I am using the SP24 with 2.78. Any comment on the difference between 2.77 and 2.78? Big thanks and HH

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2.77 opens the flood-gate to receive all the hunted information. 2.78 is throttled back a tad due to users complaining about 2.77 being more chatty. The way I see it, why wouldn't I want all the available information? I have a hunch that 2.77 and the SP24 were developed together. I noticed a big jump in valuable recoveries once I settled on 2.77, SP24 and Park1, ... good luck Hunk-a-lead!

OP
OP
relicmeister

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2.77 opens the flood-gate to receive all the hunted information. 2.78 is throttled back a tad due to users complaining about 2.77 being more chatty. The way I see it, why wouldn't I want all the available information? I have a hunch that 2.77 and the SP24 were developed together. I noticed a big jump in valuable recoveries once I settled on 2.77, SP24 and Park1, ... good luck Hunk-a-lead!

Thanks for that, I’ll check which version is on mine and if it 2.78 I’ll consider going to 2.77.
I’m not used to what I have so no risk involved

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard Guy, many thanks. I will put your advice through its paces with 2.77, SP-24, and Park 1.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, Park 1 requires a bit slower swing speed, but very worth the slight time delay.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm primarily an Ever-Ready Bunny, when it comes to swinging all day, all week-long..., without much exaggeration too...! GASP!
....so I use Park 2 most of time...!
I'm going to have to get that smaller coil though...........

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered a Nokta Makro Simplex + a couple of days ago. It will arrive I believe Wednesday. It will be coming with 2 coils. The stock and the SP24. I am brand new to metal detecting and was just wondering which coil to use to learn the machine or does it really make any difference? From the many reviews I have watched on YouTube, I tend to think I would just use the SP24 coil.
Enjoy!
And, get that smaller coil first, and the biggie later. Then you can learn patience and coverage, which is very important, as well. Gridding a smallish area, extracting all the goodies, For Sure...!
The Simplex wasn't real easy to learn. At least to me, altho this machine has given me great delight of recent recoveries, including a thin, decorative sterling silver object - I almost let it go, but the numbers AND Tone, told me to dig - glad I did...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread