Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have recently noticed at the local GW the back paper of Paintings, prints etc is being removed. I have never paid attention to this before, just figured the paper was torn while it is be tossed around. But since I have found a couple and sold a couple of piece of art (paintings) I have realized the back paper is being taken off by GW to see the actual age of the painting. Today I looked at a painting framed, the back paper was torn off and could tell the nails holding the back board had been removed and put back in. Maybe I am wrong but every piece is that way. Except the cheap waiting room art.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would and do the same.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
My Goodwill doesn't remove the paper but they certainly rip it and check for cash. And they also are supposed to go through pockets and the drawers of furniture. I got lucky and picked some Sterling candlesticks from inside a dresser out on the floor for sale. Since I found it a couple minutes before another customer bought the dresser, they sold them to me cheap. I always check stuff like that in thrift stores...in case they forget to.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread